Question about LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about LWCRA

ArminArlert Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I just got awarded limited capability for work and work related activities, but I'm not sure what happens now. The letter said something about getting money in three months, but I'm unsure as to what this means exactly. 

I don't remember exactly when I applied, but I think it was sometime in February or March. I had my assessment on May 5th and got my letter on the 31 of May. 

Any advice is good. 

Thank you. 😊


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,590 Disability Gamechanger
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. Without knowing the answer to the following questions it's impossible to tell you when it's paid from exactly.

    What date did you first report your health condition/send your first fit note? You can look back on your journal if you're not sure and it will tell you on there. (assuming you have access to one)

    What date do you usually receieve your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.