UC Reviews have restarted — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC Reviews have restarted

Options
JBS2022
JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
Hi I haven't been on here in a while but have had an update off my dad who works at DWP

Reviews for UC have restarted for a randomised group of people claiming LCWRA/LCW, it's to see how they cope before reviews fully restart possibly next year.

Regarding ESA, only those who recieved ESA50 forms in the 2 months before reviews were suspended are now being reassessed for everyone else
reviews for ESA are still suspended and anyone overdue a review have had their Support Group/WRAG status automatically extended by up to 3 years.
Life is better in a fishtank  🐟

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,889 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good to see you posting! Thanks for the update. I knew about them starting back for random people claiming LCWRA/LCW.

I didn't know about those claiming ESA so that's a welcomed update for those claiming it.
    (including me)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    JBS2022 said:
    Hi I haven't been on here in a while but have had an update off my dad who works at DWP

Reviews for UC have restarted for a randomised group of people claiming LCWRA/LCW, it's to see how they cope before reviews fully restart possibly next year.

Regarding ESA, only those who recieved ESA50 forms in the 2 months before reviews were suspended are now being reassessed for everyone else
    reviews for ESA are still suspended and anyone overdue a review have had their Support Group/WRAG status automatically extended by up to 3 years.
    Many thx for letting us know . 
    Do we know how they are selecting those being reviewed now ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    paries1 said:
    JBS2022 said:

It's random as JB advised here.
    JBS2022 said:

Reviews for UC have restarted for a randomised group of people claiming LCWRA/LCW,

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JBS2022
    edited June 2023
    Options
    paries1 said:
    JBS2022 said:

It's just completely random I believe a group of people are being selected up to the end of June or July (cannot fully remember the precise date) and then the reviews will stop until they fully restart back up in the future, possibly next year. 

Regarding ESA, my dad has no idea when reviews are going to be starting back up there has been no mention of it whatsoever. Seems the Government are more focused on UC probably because ESA is gonna be scrapped in the future
  • paries1
    Options
    JBS2022 said:
    paries1 said:
    JBS2022 said:

It's just completely random I believe a group of people are being selected up to the end of June or July (cannot fully remember the precise date) and then the reviews will stop until they fully restart back up in the future, possibly next year. 

Regarding ESA, my dad has no idea when reviews are going to be starting back up there has been no mention of it whatsoever. Seems the Government are more focused on UC probably because ESA is gonna be scrapped in the future

paries1 said:
    JBS2022 said:
    Hi I haven't been on here in 

many thanks for letting us know .
    im one of the ‘lucky’ ones that’s been chosen 😬
  • paries1
    Options
    JBS2022 said:
    paries1 said:
    JBS2022 said:

Many thanks for the info JB2022.
    im one of the ‘lucky’ ones that’s been randomly chosen 😬
  • JBS2022
    Options
    @paries1 so sorry you've been selected, reviews are highly stressful. Hope things go ok 🤞
  • paries1
    Options
    JBS2022 said:
    @paries1 so sorry you've been selected, reviews are highly stressful. Hope things go ok 🤞
    Thanks JBS2022 
  • Asia23
    Asia23 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    edited June 2023
    Options
    JBS2022 said:

Hello JBS2022,

Thank you for this update.  Very grateful. 

I am on Income-related ESA and in the Support Group.  A decision was made to award me this by a DWP Decision Maker on 20th March 2020, about 3 days after face-to-face assessments were suspended effective from 17th March 2020.  A paper-based report had already been completed by a CHDA assessor recommending Support Group for me at the end of February 2020, with a prognosis for reassessment in August 2021.  I was sent the ESA50 to complete at the end of January 2020.  Like most everyone, because of the Covid backlog, my review was deferred for 2 years and is now due this August 2023.

From what you say, I wonder if I am one of the unlucky ones.  You mention 'those who received ESA forms in the 2 months before reviews were suspended are now being reassessed'.  I received an ESA form in those 2 months before, but my assessment was also completed within those 2 months and I was awarded just days after face-to-face assessments were suspended.  Given I was a new claim in that period when my assessment was completed and awarded, do you think I am caught up in the cohort of ESA claims to be reassessed?  Simply because I was sent an ESA50 form in that period?  Or, is that 2 month period meant to capture those who were sent an ESA50 but were still due to be reassessed?

Grateful for any clarity.  Thank you. 
  • JBS2022
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Asia23 said:
    JBS2022 said:

Hello JBS2022,

I am on Income-related ESA and in the Support Group.  A decision was made to award me this by a DWP Decision Maker on 20th March 2020, about 3 days after face-to-face assessments were suspended effective from 17th March 2020.  A paper-based report had already been completed by a CHDA assessor recommending Support Group for me at the end of February 2020, with a prognosis for reassessment in August 2021.  I was sent the ESA50 to complete at the end of January 2020.  Like most everyone, because of the Covid backlog, my review was deferred for 2 years and is now due this August 2023.

From what you say, I wonder if I am one of the unlucky ones.  You mention 'those who received ESA forms in the 2 months before reviews were suspended are now being reassessed'.  I received an ESA form in those 2 months before, but my assessment was also completed within those 2 months and I was awarded just days after face-to-face assessments were suspended.  Given I was a new claim in that period when my assessment was completed and awarded, do you think I am caught up in the cohort of ESA claims to be reassessed?  Simply because I was sent an ESA50 form in that period?  Or, is that 2 month period meant to capture those who were sent an ESA50 but were still due to be reassessed?

As you were awarded then it doesn't apply to you.  It's for people that were due a review at the time and had actually been sent the ESA50 form which had already been sent back completed but the review then got suspended. Hope that helps.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    JBS2022 said:
    Asia23 said:
    JBS2022 said:

Hello JBS2022,

As you were awarded then it doesn't apply to you.  It's for people that were due a review at the time and had actually been sent the ESA50 form. Hope that helps.

OK so for those that were sent the forms but haven't yet had the decision? I was sent the forms around the time lockdown was announced or maybe a few days before. I had a paper based decision a couple of months later and remained in the Support Group.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@JBS2022
    Good morning I’m so pleased to see you posting, I really hope you stick around.I hope you and your husband are doing good.

Thanks for the update I appreciate it as I’ve been wondering about ESA review.

Take care ❤️

• JBS2022
    Options
    JBS2022 said:
    Asia23 said:
    JBS2022 said:

Hello JBS2022,

As you were awarded then it doesn't apply to you.  It's for people that were due a review at the time and had actually been sent the ESA50 form. Hope that helps.

OK so for those that were sent the forms but haven't yet had the decision? I was sent the forms around the time lockdown was announced or maybe a few days before. I had a paper based decision a couple of months later and remained in the Support Group.
    Your right...if you had a decision then you won't be affected, lucky for those who had paper based assessments. Unlucky for those that didn't.
  • JBS2022
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Basically if you got a decision during or after that period then you will not be affected by a review. It's for those claims that they couldn't make a decision ( needed to be seen by an assessor)so it carried on as an "ongoing" claim. Anyone that had a paperbased assessment got a decision so are not affected. Hope it clears things up.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks for that. I thought i had read it correctly early this morning but then doubted myself. It makes perfect sense.
  • JBS2022
    Options
    Thanks for that. I thought i had read it correctly early this morning but then doubted myself. It makes perfect sense.
    No probs 👍
  • apples
    apples Community member Posts: 242 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks @JBS2022 for the heads up !

if I’m one of the ‘lucky’ ones am I sent a UC50 form to complete ? 
  • paries1
    Options
    apples said:
    Thanks @JBS2022 for the heads up !

if I’m one of the ‘lucky’ ones am I sent a UC50 form to complete ? 
    They’ll put a message on your journal first , it’s what they’ve done with me and a few others that have posted. 

• Asia23
    Asia23 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    edited June 2023
    Options
    JBS2022 said:
    Basically if you got a decision during or after that period then you will not be affected by a review. It's for those claims that they couldn't make a decision ( needed to be seen by an assessor)so it carried on as an "ongoing" claim. Anyone that had a paperbased assessment got a decision so are not affected. Hope it clears things up.
    Thanks @JBS2022,

That clarifies things for me too.  Very grateful for the information.  :)
  • apples
    apples Community member Posts: 242 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks @paries1 I’ll keep an eye on my journal thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.