Received 'not yet made a decision text' — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received 'not yet made a decision text'

Options
misszxo
misszxo Community member Posts: 38 Connected
I am aware this doesn't really indicate anything but I want to put my experience so far out there. 

Made claim 15th Feb. 
Assessment 24th May
DWP received report 26th May
Had no decision made yet text 9th June

It's just a waiting game now but the assessment went well and I'm hoping for a positive outcome. 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi @misszxo

Thanks for posting a timeline. It's good to hear rough time scales happening across the country and we'll keep our fingers crossed you get a deserved award. 

Please keep us updated with how you go.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • misszxo
    Options
    @amanda0211 I'm in the Midlands, not entirely sure if that makes any difference. Its definitely the not knowing that's the worst part but I'm preparing for the worst because then I suppose I can't be disappointed!

• misszxo
    Options
    @misszxo I'm in the same boat  I'm in the North East area tyne and Wear. I'm thinking the same it's agonising waiting to hear what the outcome is going to be xx
    It really is. If its not the outcome you wanted will you push for a MR? I applied back in 2019, got refused, went with MR, refused again, took to tribunal and won. I'd just rather not go through that because it made me ill with anxiety 
  • misszxo
    Options
    No I don't honestly think I would, my mental health wouldn't cope with how I am now and I'd be scared to put more stress and pressure on myself xx
    That's ashame because you deserve it. I'll keep everything crossed for you that you get awarded PIP. Please keep me updated here and I'll do the same. 
  • misszxo
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi hun hope your well, I've still not had any texts but I have received my assesors report ( I gave in and asked for it) by the looks of it on that form it looks like the assesor has recommended enhanced daily and standard mobility I was 2 points off enhanced mobility. Did you ask for a copy of your report xx
    Hello hun. That's great. Yes I did. The assessor also recommenced enhanced daily and standard mobility for myself. Fingers crossed we both get the outcome we deserve. 

Still a waiting game of course but I'm really hoping I get an answer this coming week. Please keep me informed x
  • misszxo
    Options
    The waiting is the worst part. I've not heard anything else yet. 
  • lmarie3004
    lmarie3004 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    hi @amanda0211
    i also had my assessment on May 24th
    they received assessment back on 29th
    had a text 8:06 this morning with no decision yet. 
    Have seen a few people who had been awarded within 3-5 days from the no decision text. 
    Hope we find out soon
  • misszxo
    Options
    hi @amanda0211
    i also had my assessment on May 24th
    they received assessment back on 29th
    had a text 8:06 this morning with no decision yet. 
    Have seen a few people who had been awarded within 3-5 days from the no decision text. 
    Hope we find out soon
    Can I ask what region of the UK you are in please? 
  • lmarie3004
    lmarie3004 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    @amanda0211 im in the East Midlands 

i know I applied at end of January 
    seems to be taking forever 
  • misszxo
    Options
    Guys I caved in and called PIP. The lady told me a decision had been made today but she couldn't tell me cos it had just been made. She told me to call first thing tomorrow to find out. I am so anxious now that it's bad news 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    misszxo said:
    Guys I caved in and called PIP. The lady told me a decision had been made today but she couldn't tell me cos it had just been made. She told me to call first thing tomorrow to find out. I am so anxious now that it's bad news 

It takes up to 24 hours for them to be able to see it on the system.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • misszxo
    Options
    misszxo said:

She said to call at 9am for decision. But I'm so nervous I'm convinced it's bad news 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    misszxo said:
    misszxo said:

She said to call at 9am for decision. But I'm so nervous I'm convinced it's bad news 

Wasn't the report suggesting Enhanced daily living and standard mobility? As i advised, it's very rare they go against it (though it can happen). If the decision's been made and there's an award you may even receive a text message first thing in the morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • misszxo
    Options
    misszxo said:
    misszxo said:

Wasn't the report suggesting Enhanced daily living and standard mobility? As i advised, it's very rare they go against it (though it can happen). If the decision's been made and there's an award you may even receive a text message first thing in the morning.
    It was yes Poppy but I am a terrible overthinker and my brain always goes to negatives first. I probably won't sleep much tonight due to worry but I'm hoping for a positive outcome tomorrow. Thank you for all your advice thus far. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I thought i read correctly. This is the issue when requesting the report before a decision is made. Anxiety sets in even if the report is good.
  • misszxo
    Options
    I thought i read correctly. This is the issue when requesting the report before a decision is made. Anxiety sets in even if the report is good.
    Yeah I definitely think it has more cons than pros for requesting the report. Just hoping for a positive outcome tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed 
  • misszxo
    Options
    Just received the text that I have been awarded PIP. What a relief! 
  • misszxo
    Options
    So pleased for you hun, so much relief off your shoulders now. I'll keep you posted on if I hear anything xx
    Thank you hun. Keeping everything crossed for you that it's good news xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    misszxo said:

Great news. As i expected, they rarely go against it.
  • misszxo
    Options
    misszxo said:

Great news. As i expected, they rarely go against it.
    Just want to say thank you to you. I've seen you on many posts including mine advising people and it really means a lot to someone like me who was struggling with the anxiety of not knowing! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.