If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, what is the chance of my decision being overturned before PIP tribunal ?

Options
Ralph2412_
Ralph2412_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm new here after being diagnosed in December 2022 with psoriatic Arthritis which causes be a lot of pain I applied for pip Feb 2023 and had a very stressful telephone assessment in April to which I scored 0 on both living and mobility so I done a MR appeal straight away only to be turned down again within 4wks but this time scored 7 for living and 4 for mobility so I have applied for tribunal appeal and also sent some more documents, ie consultants letter prescription list family members letter and also I've been signed off work for past 7 wks and not sure if or when I will be able to go back ,so I was wondering what is the chance of my decision being overturned before tribunal has anyone had any experience of this 
Regards Sharon 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    If you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing then there's about a 70% success rate. Paper based hearings have a very low success rate of between 5-8%. Please also be aware that PIP isn't about your ability to work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ralph2412_
    Ralph2412_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi I don't know what mine will be yet as still waiting for dwp to respond they have until 8th July to respond apparently, yes I know it isn't about my ability to work but I can't work at the moment due to can't stand or walk any distance due to a flare up which has caused mobility issues. 
    Regards Sharon 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Championing
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi Sandra/ @Ralph2412_ and welcome to our online community, how's your Thursday going?

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough flare up, that must be tough going. It's good you're persevering in going to tribunal with your PIP claim though, have you got enough support with the emotional side of the process?

Please keep us posted with how you get on, and if you have any questions in the run up, just give us a shout.

FYI: I've renamed the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category to help others find it and respond more easily.

Good luck and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.