It's goodbye from me! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's goodbye from me!

Options
Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2023 in Coffee lounge

Hello you lovely lot,

This is just a little thread to let you know that after Sunday, I’ll be leaving my role as online community co-ordinator on here for ventures new. I’m getting rather sad now I’ve come to tell you all, so I’ll try and keep it short, and not akin to an Oscars speech!

So much has happened in the time I’ve been here, a pandemic, being pregnant and having a much-wanted baby, and all along you’ve each been a part of my days, and I’ll miss that very much. I genuinely want the very best for you all; you deserve it.

Being a moderator isn’t always easy. It’s sometimes hard being the person behind the screen, and the wonderful online community team have been unwaveringly supportive throughout. Fully accepting my questionable humour and helping me grow into the role and feel more confident.  @Adrian_Scope hates compliments but let me tell you – he is hands down, the best boss you could ever wish for.

And so, being me, I’ll go out with a final flourish. I’m throwing myself a virtual leaving do on Sunday which you’re all welcome to join in with. Don’t leave me sat eating a sausage roll on myself will you.

And to everyone who’s been a part of my story here, thank you – Tori, Ross, Chloe, Alex, Hannah, Richard – you make, and have made, the OC the special corner of the internet that it is.

Now I'm going to make myself a brew and comfort eat chocolate bourbons for the rest of the day  :D 
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,772 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh that's a shame. :(

Good luck with whatever you are doing next, though!!!

I always enjoyed reading your posts. :smile:
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cher_Scope:) You've been amazing to work with, bringing your care, wisdom, humour, and zest for all things weird to the team has certainly helped during tough times and good ones alike. Who will serve everyone ice cream and mocktails now?!

You'll surely be missed here, but I'm so excited for you and your new ventures, and wish you all the very best  <3

Pass those bourbons over, and a tissue too please!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    edited June 2023
    Options
    When moderating, there does come a time, so thank you for giving your time to the forum.
    Wishing you happiness & good luck with the next chapter of your life.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Oh @Cher_Scope that's a shame will miss your great sense of humour.  I hope your sharing those chocolate bourbons

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,440 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
        Your humour will be sadly missed.  Take care, live life to the full and I wish you the very best for your future, it's been a pleasure @Cher_Scope. x 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really going to miss having you around at Scope, @Cher_Scope! You've been an excellent colleague, and have become a wonderful friend. You'll be missed on the online community, but your wealth of knowledge, good humour, and engaging threads will live on I'm sure ♥  It's been lovely to see you come into your own, and help make the community the warm and supportive place it is.

All the best for the future :) You'll be amazing! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • rustledjimm
    rustledjimm Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Options
    Good luck in your new ventures!

I have not been here long but I've been here enough to know the Community team has built a very welcoming place. You should all be proud of it. It's not an easy thing to accomplish, I would know with my own experience of moderating communities. Having someone moving on in the team is always a bittersweet moment, you know they're moving forward with their life journey but you can't help but miss them.
    ADHD and Crohn's Disease
    Aspiring to lot's of things but one step at a time, Crohn's sorted, sorting ADHD, then life to sort!
    Prefers they/them but am fine with he/him
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,875 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck in what you do next. Take care. @Cher_Scope
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 437 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for giving your time to us all. Good luck with your plans for the future. Will you perhaps come and chat to people still as a member sometime?
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Thankyou for all the time you have given to the Scope community. Wishing you all the best for the future. Take care & God bless @Cher_Scope
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww you guys, what lovely comments. They are appreciated  <3

And yes @surfygoose - the plan is to pop back on in the future, in a personal capacity, to say hello and have a chinwag. So you aren't getting rid of me completely!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,873 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cher_Scope you will be missed, good luck on your new adventure, take care lovely x
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 755 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm relatively new here but still want to say you will be missed.

Good luck in your next adventure and where it may take you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Only just seen this and wanted to wish you well for the future, whatever your plans are! Sad to see you leave! Best wishes! 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,370 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Cher_Scope
    Oh so sad to read this, you have been a breath of fresh air on the forum.
    I want to thank you for your hard work and continuing support.
    Good luck on your new venture you’ll be missed.

Take care ❤️
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is so sad! Your posts always make me smile!! Good luck for the future <3<3 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Luck in your new job @Cher_Scope <3

I know you'll smash it there. You are not allowed to become a stranger! 🤪
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven’t been on the forum for a few days so have only just got around to seeing this, I just want to say good luck for the future and thank you for all our interactions on here. Take care and look after yourself :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Goodbye El Chezidente! I’ve already been horribly soppy :s elsewhere, so I’ll keep this short — we’ll miss you massively.

Wishing you all the luck in the world - Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.