Lcwra review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra review

Options
jason40
jason40 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hi im due a review soon and was wondering once it starts will I have to go and get fit notes again from the doctors or will I just get a form to fill out like before. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You won’t need anymore fit notes. You will receive a letter in your journal telling you that they are referring you. Shortly after that you will receive the forms in the post. 
    Just because you maybe due a review soon, this doesn’t mean it will happen soon. Reviews are back for some people, not everyone. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jason40
    Options
    Ok great thanks poppy 
  • barton85
    barton85 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I was given a 2 year guideline as to when I would be reviewed that was up around December time 2022. I have leukaemia and take daily chemo tablets in October I noticed I had to accept my commitments again found it strange at the time as there was no change in my claim in any way now with the talk out the reviews back I wonder if maybe they looked at mine in October
  • jason40
    Options
    I've just been told on the Facebook disability benefits UK group that I will have to provide fitnotes again while I'm been reviewed by there admin?

• jason40
    edited June 2023
    Options
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 364 Pioneering
    Options
    Don't know what they are on about but I am in the LCW group and currently doing my review, I have received my UC50. Nothing about further fitnotes needed. Frankly I think that person is wrong
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2023
    Options
    jason40 said:
    I've just been told on the Facebook disability benefits UK group that I will have to provide fitnotes again while I'm been reviewed by there admin?

Not correct at all. This is the reason why I left the FB benefits groups because the advice given was absolutely shocking! 

I already answered your question above, which was the correct advice. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jason40
    Options
    Thanks poppy and ray I didn't think I needed to. Thanks for your advice I will be leaving that group now. Thanks
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Advice on Facebook is really bad, telling people to focus on their worst days, exaggerate to get a higher award and telling people you can get the disability col payment for ESA alone. Ignore any advice from there.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • Kennym2022
    Kennym2022 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    Options
    Just regarding this toic i have been on LCWRA for a year and got sent the UC50 to be reassessed what way will this effect payments while this is going on do they remain the same until they make a decision.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Just regarding this toic i have been on LCWRA for a year and got sent the UC50 to be reassessed what way will this effect payments while this is going on do they remain the same until they make a decision.

The LCWRA payments continue until a decision is made on your new WCA.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.