Advice / any help . — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice / any help .

sammy44 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi I have a workplace pension but don't pay into it anymore . I'm medically retired and I'm 51 and will be 52 in August. I was looking to take. Some of the. Pension. 25% but will it affect my uc and esa . Scottish Widows.  I have.given the form in with the doctors stamp stating I can't work anymore but they have to make a decision. 


  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,011 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 26
    If you are getting a lump sum it does not affect the new style ESA.

    For UC, if you have a total of more than £6,000 of capital you must tell UC. The UC will be reduced by £4.35/month for each £250, or part thereof, over £6,000. If your capital is over £16,000 all entitlement to UC stops.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.