If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Endometriosis, Adenomyosis Anxiety and Depression

Options
ronniesmam15
ronniesmam15 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone. 
I made a claim for pip in November last year and was shocked to score 0 points even at tribunal. 
I recently re applied not expecting anything to come of it as I haven't had any change of circumstances and didn't even submit my application form. To be told via text message I have been awarded after a short video call assessment.
I currently suffer from stage 4 endometriosis, Adenomyosis and mental health. I have been In a state of constant pain for 4 years now (I won't bore everyone with the details) 
Obviously this is a separate claim but would I be able to challenge them as to why I have now been awarded and was not last year. It took almost 12 months last year and they would of owed me a lot of money. This time around has only took 5 weeks from start to finish. 
May I also add my first time applying left me extremely distressed as the assessor told lies about me, twisted my words and even included things in the report I didn't even say! 
Thank you in advance for any advice or help. 

Comments

• ronniesmam15
    Options
    May I also add I am obviously delighted to finally be awarded what I knew all along I was entitled to! It's just frustrating as to why this wasn't the case after my first assessment. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will not be able to challenge the previous decision because you went to Tribunal and you will have needed to request the Statement of reasons within 1 month of the date of the Tribunal decision. As you didn’t do this then you’ll now be out of time to do anything about it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ronniesmam15
    Options
  • jacquihayes25
    jacquihayes25 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hiya, i am currently doing my pip claim for endometriosis, adenomyosis and BPD. Did you claim endometriosis and adenomyosis as two separate conditions? as im not sure if to do them separately or together 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hiya, i am currently doing my pip claim for endometriosis, adenomyosis and BPD. Did you claim endometriosis and adenomyosis as two separate conditions? as im not sure if to do them separately or together 
    PIP isn’t awarded based on any diagnosis. What matters is how those conditions affect you against the 12 PIP activities. 

When filling out the form you should include all your conditions and information about how they affect you. 

Also make sure that you include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you.

Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened,
    did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half and A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies to you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.