Exploring disabled mothers’ experiences of breastfeeding — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Exploring disabled mothers’ experiences of breastfeeding

Alex_Scope
Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team

Posting on behalf of Mariam Murray, Keele University:

I am a masters student with a disability at Keele University, researching the experiences of disabled mothers breastfeeding their infant child. 

If you are a woman with a physical or sensory disability, over the age of 18, living in the UK with any experiences of breastfeeding, I would like to hear from you. 

I am looking for participants to take part in an interview, lasting between 30 and 90 minutes. Interviews will be held online between the 16th of June and 24th of July 2023. 

If you feel this is you and you would like to share your experiences, or if you would like to find out more, please get in touch using the below Microsoft form link. I have limited time to recruit and interview participants so please get in touch as soon as possible. Look forward to hearing from you.

Link to participant contact form:

https://forms.office.com/e/DUHjgiXt1V

Online Community Coordinator
Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Please see our disclaimer below for your convenience:

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team.  

The research and opportunities category is the only online community category that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link.  

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them. 

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sharonspinkact
    sharonspinkact Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Does it matter if I'm no longer breastfeeding? 
  • Guy_Scope
    Guy_Scope Scope Support to Work service Posts: 26 Courageous
    @sharonspinkact , I don't think it does, when you click on the survey it says: I am a masters student with a disability at Keele University, researching the experiences of disabled mothers breastfeeding their infant child. If you are a woman with a physical or sensory disability, over the age of 18, living in the UK with any experiences of breastfeeding,
    Guy
    Employment Team Manager
    Scope's Support To Work
  • VANGOUGH
    VANGOUGH CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 31 Courageous
    MY AUNT HAS CP & BREASTFED BOTH HER CHILDREN HOERVER WHAT YOU NEED TO CHECK IS IF YOU ARE ON MEDICATION IT CAN BE IN THE MILK SO CHECK IT OUT
  • sharonspinkact
    sharonspinkact Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    VANGOUGH said:
    MY AUNT HAS CP & BREASTFED BOTH HER CHILDREN HOERVER WHAT YOU NEED TO CHECK IS IF YOU ARE ON MEDICATION IT CAN BE IN THE MILK SO CHECK IT OUT
    Yes it's always a good idea to check that medications are safe to take whilst breastfeeding. The Breastfeeding Network is the best place to ask too. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.