Apple Watch — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Apple Watch

Luchia
Luchia Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
Hey Everyone!!

So my partner surprised me today with an Apple Watch Series 8!

Would be great to get some recommendations on useful apps etc!

If it makes a difference with apps I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max and MacBook Air M2 to go with the Watch.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,144 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2023
    Congrats, very exciting.

I only use the pre-installed stuff on my Apple Watch, so can't recommend any apps.

If you haven't set it up already one thing I really like is how you can unlock your MacBook with your watch, just have it on your wrist, open your MacBook lid, and it bypasses entering your password.

I also found it took a week or so to "settle in" in that it recorded distances and things a bit wrong, it works fine now, maybe it was getting used to my height / weight and stride length, not sure.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,441 Disability Gamechanger
    I really want an Apple Watch but as someone that doesn't every go out and is never far from their phone/laptop I probably shouldn't. I look at them most days though and am getting a bit obsessed :D 
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    The prices for these kinda watch are insane. £800+ for the apple watch ultra 😳

Saying that I also want one lol the things they can do, wow. I've got an android phone so would have to go down the Samsung watch route. Looking at the reviews though the apple watches are unbelievable.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,316 Disability Gamechanger
    @Luchia How lovely of your partner! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.