PIP & UC info help please 🙏 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP & UC info help please 🙏

Options
Lisa33
Lisa33 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi,
My husband already claims pip, I'm in the process of awaiting decision for pip myself. 

We on UC and he gets Limited capability for work and work-related activity. 

I claimed carers element for him, but I'm starting to struggle badly. 

On my report it's recommended enhanced on both DL & M. 

If the DM go with the report, will that affect my carers element and his LCWA? 

Also would it affect any of the UC? 

Thank you for any advice 🙏 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any PIP award for you will not affect your UC and your award will remain the same. Carers element and LCWRA element are part of UC which won't be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisa33
    Options
    Hi poppy, thank you for that information much appreciated...

If I get the report award of enhanced on both, would I then be entitled to LCWA aswell? Or would I then lose the carers element? 

Or recieve both in my own right aswell? 

Thanks xx 
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2023
    Options
    A PIP award doesn’t automatically entitle you to LCWRA. 

Even if you did go through the work capability assessment you wouldn’t be entitled to the extra element because your partner already receives it on your UC. You can only receive one LCWRA element per claim. 

Also to add the same person can’t receive LCWRA element and carers element at the same time.  Therefore your husband wouldn’t be able to claim carers element for looking after you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lisa33
    Options
    Brilliant thank you Poppy, that's cleared up my over-thinking anxiety.  
    Much appreciated  xx 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You’re welcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.