Lcwra & child care help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra & child care help

Options
JHM
JHM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone, 

I have read some of the other members questions on wether or not they will receive the childcare help due to one parent being on lcwra and other working. 

I have recently been awarded LCWRA I am the mother and my husband works, 
mum worry is…. I know the mums on here with the worry’s of not being entitled have found out the are entitled but my worry is because I am the mother and I will be “available” to attend to our child….

however the whole reason I am on LcWRA is because I have mega mental health issues and are crying out for help with child care, so I guess my question is have any mothers out there had the same situation with any answers for me, 

I am aware the guidance says aslong as one parents working and others on Lcwra so I feel this means that the working parent who would be my husband has to put the application in? 

Please let me knkw if I’m away on a tangent.

many thanks to anyone in advance. 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    From what I can make out, you and your husband are on a joint UC claim with you receiving LCWRA and the obvious deduction from his wages? If so, yes, you do qualify for help with childcare costs. It doesn't matter who submits this, you can do it via your online account.

No, they won't question your health and your availability to look after your child.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @JHM and a warm welcome to the community. 
    As @bg844 has said, you'll be eligible for up to 85% of childcare costs from Universal Credit in your situation. Have you looked into nurseries already for your child?
    You mention struggling with your mental health, can I ask if you've got much support with this at the moment? Are you in contact with your GP or other professionals about it?

I'm going to send a quick email to check in with you as well, so please look out for that! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.