Council housing and autistic child — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council housing and autistic child

gidders36 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My family and I have recently been served a Section 21 by our landlord as they want to sell the property. Due to our financial situation we cannot afford a private rented property anymore, we are currently in the process of going homeless and have approached the council for social housing which has been accepted. They have however advised that we could be waiting more than 12 months before being offered a suitable property. The have informed us that once we are evicted it is likely we will be temporarily housed in a hotel. One of our sons has medium/severe autism, with sleep disorder and eating disorders and adhd. I wondered if you may be able to give guidance on what rights we have to not be placed in a hotel whilst waiting for a suitable property. We live in the Northamptonshire area for info. 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.