Help!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


barnselona Community member Posts: 2 Listener
. I have been awarded higher level PiP some time ago and was in the support group for ESA. I  have recently moved to universal credit and have been sent a UC50 WCA form for my health to be reassessed. Surely I satisfy the severe conditions criteria having PrImary progressive multiple sclerosis and the above that I've mentioned. Should I be being reassessed? The thought of another assessment is very worrying.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,772 Disability Gamechanger
    Having MS doesn't automatically place you into this group. When you fill out this form you should also mention when you think you should be placed into this group. There's some information here.
    As you're not in this group then yes you should still be reviewed.

    Were you still claiming ESA when you claimed UC? If so then you should have received the LCWRA element from the start of your claim. (Although a review could still have happened)

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • barnselona
    barnselona Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have progressive MS and have had it for 10 years. I must have looked at another version of the document online which said it was included.
    I was  and still am claiming ESA so am receiving the LCWRA element at present.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.