Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Fibromyalgia - What helps you?

Options
ricky1040
ricky1040 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
Hey folks,

Im diagnosed with fibromyalgia for many years now. About 6 months ago i was really struggling with daily pain and tiredness and asked my doctor to try me on duloxetine/ cymbalta.

I was very happy that within a few weeks i had a lot less pain and a lot more energy but also i started getting really instense low moods that would seem to come from nowhere. 

This wasnt all the time so i kept on going with the treatment as i was having such a good time with the reduced other symptoms. But as time went on the low mood got worse and worse. It seemed so odd as i felt in a good spot in a lot of ways. I was so good pain wise i almost stoppped taking pain meds altogether.

I actually felt suicidal and had really dark moods and thoughts. So i contacted my gp and have changed back to a different medication. 3 weeks later the low mood is going but my pain and fatigue have returned.  

I have to admit i would much rather live with pain than feel suicidal. So i know iv made the right choice but i hate that i have to make a choice.  

What kind of experiances have you all had with duloxtine? Have any of you tried savella? Or what ways have you treated your fibro? 
Tagged:
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.