Getting to know each other more! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting to know each other more!

Options
Dillon2112
Dillon2112 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited July 2023 in Coffee lounge
Hi guys/girls my name is Dillon I’m 27 I stay in Glasgow Scotland, I am on this to make new friends, I love football and also love gaming preferably on my PS5, I have dyspraxia too but I don’t like to let it impact my day to day life, however it would be nice to get to know some of you and see how things go. 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nice to meet you Dillon.

What is your favourite game?? I don't have a console anymore but I used to like the Zombies on Call of Duty...Do you do PC gaming at all?

Good for you not letting your issues impact your daily life. :)
  • Dillon2112
    Options
    @66Mustang no I don’t mate unfortunately only console, my favourite game has got to be FIFA now EA FC used to be pro evo but it went downhill.

one day I would love to do pc gaming 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    That's cool, I know a couple of people who love football games but never tried them myself.

What is it that stops you PC gaming? Is it health or more down to cost?

I actually prefer console if I am honest but the game I play (World of Warcraft) is only on PC!
  • Dillon2112
    Options
    @66Mustang it’s the cost unfortunately plus I still stay with my parents too, and don’t have any room for one, however I wouldn’t mind making friends with a variety of games, also I follow football too, I am a season ticket holder at Celtic too and that keeps me going as I am no longer on any social media 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Yeah that makes sense. Glad you have football to keep you going, I know someone who followed football and had a disability too and the community was great. He made a load of friends. I find it's harder to make friends on games as people are often quite aggressive on games, or not so friendly. Same with social media, I'm with you on not using it.

This forum is on the whole really friendly I find, especially the coffee lounge. People just want to support each other and have a chat.
  • Dillon2112
    Options
    Yeah I would like to make new friends hopefully and in time get to meet some people too
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,431 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dillon2112 how are you today? We have some word games and number games on the forum if you want to join in 
  • Dillon2112
    Options
    @Sandy_123 hi Sandy yeah I’m good thanks and I will do at some point, hope you are good too
  • CATP
    CATP Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    @Dillon2112 hi dillon , im a newbie to but welcome. :smiley:

i recomend looking into getting a second hand 512GB SSD steam deck (look at CEX and see if the price is worth it yet as i think CEX include a 6 or 12 month warranty) or, if its to expensive-is there any gadgets you can sell that you dont like anymore? i sold my nintendo switch and its games to get mine.
    there are a number of handheld alternatives out there though- tthat are mostly windows based and run on a AMD RYZEN cpu based handheld but if it was me buying i woud only get A RYZEN 7 or higher to get the most out of current games) these AMD CPUs are designed for heavy gaming and can handle a lot of temperature unlike the intel based CPUs.

you can play most steam based PC games on the steam deck (which runs on a rejigged form of arch linux-i use this on one of my 'potato' laptops-very fast) ,however rather annoyingly , FIFA/a lot of EA sports games are not one of them due to anti cheat software in use if i remember corectly.
    the third tier deck is a beast. i havent gamed much for a while but STRAY,nIGHTS into dreams, cult of the lamb, spiderman: miles morales and wreckfest are my favurites that all work perfectly on the deck,if you ever do get one, the website protonDB is what gamers use for finding out what games will run or what wont.

• Dillon2112
    Options
    Nice to meet you too @CATP thank you for the recommendation, I will look into it at some point but happy with my ps5 at the moment!  :#
  • petur64
    petur64 Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    Welcome @Dillon2112 hi! Im a lot older(58) but im a big pc gamer! I agree with @CATP, Steam is my platform. Mainly racing sims, transport, sailing, train sims.
    All my stuff is second hand from allsorts extra bits, but it works! So which ever way you play, pc can be a relative cheap option. I try out free games and demo's on steam too, then wait till the price drops(sometimes as much as 90%. The only 'social media' i do is Discord and only servers related to the sims i play. I only play non violent games and the people i meet on the server are all friendly & helpfull so its fun! If you want advice on PC, ask.
    I like chatting about computers, linux, games etc.
  • Dillon2112
    Options
  • C_J
    C_J Community member Posts: 715 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome @Dillon2112 I've not been a member long myself. I use to play games a lot but haven't for a long time maybe in the future I might get myself a games console or something I did play games on my PC before it decided to stop working.
    I enjoy reading and watching movies and have a collection of dvds and books that I'm often adding to.

Anyway enjoy the site everyone on here are nice, welcoming and helpful.

• surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 437 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome. I like playing PlayStation too. I don’t have a PS5 yet but I enjoy my PS4.
  • CATP
    Options
    Nice to meet you too @CATP thank you for the recommendation, I will look into it at some point but happy with my ps5 at the moment!  :#

hi dillon im sorry,im a bit of a plonker lol- i struggle to process sentances properly - i miss read writing a lot as i have learning disability and classic autism and no short term memory so i end up waffling as well.

i used to love playing ISS pro evo on the playstation 1,      what sort of game genres are you into?
    i can understand the pros that consoles have over PC but PC can enhance them to a much bigger level or skin the models using mods like nexusmods.

@petur64     hi petur64, theyre my kind of games as well,im not a fan of violent games either apart from tekken 7 and mortal kombat X.i love sims like tour de france or car racing sims like project cars 2 but theyve never cornered the market in hot air balloon simulation.
    they did gritty walking/deliveroo type sims like a large portion of death stranding  so why not a game where you can learn how to fly a hot air balloon with realistic graphics and weather ? 
    PS. do you know the summer sale on steam has started? i got a message from steam this morning (i think).
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Interesting how others don't like violent games, I used to play them, but more recently am not a huge fan either.

I play World of Warcraft which is just cartoon violence, mostly magic and stuff like that. No blood.

I used to like Call of Duty for the Zombies which was obviously heavy on violence but again this was silly cartoon violence. I became less keen on the main part of the game which was based on more realistic conflicts.
  • petur64
    petur64 Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @CATP i like the hot air balloon idea! How about a parachute jumping sim!
    Im usually rubbish at the survival games. I like 'Wreckfest' i suppose it could be classed as violent but more destructive, good to get rid of anger and frustration!
    Yes i always try to see if Steam has a sale, i like the moddable games.
     I agree with you @66Mustang , about cartoon violence.
  • CATP
    Options

hi dillon im sorry,im a bit of a plonker lol- i struggle to process sentances properly - i miss read writing a lot as i have learning disability and classic autism and no short term memory so i end up waffling as well.

i used to love playing ISS pro evo on the playstation 1,      what sort of game genres are you into?
    i can understand the pros that consoles have over PC but PC can enhance them to a much bigger level or skin the models using mods like nexusmods.

@petur64     hi petur64, theyre my kind of games as well,im not a fan of violent games either apart from tekken 7 and mortal kombat X.i love sims like tour de france or car racing sims like project cars 2 but theyve never cornered the market in hot air balloon simulation.
    they did gritty walking/deliveroo type sims like a large portion of death stranding  so why not a game where you can learn how to fly a hot air balloon with realistic graphics and weather ? 
    PS. do you know the summer sale on steam has started? i got a message from steam this morning (i think).
    petur64 said:
    @CATP i like the hot air balloon idea! How about a parachute jumping sim!
    Im usually rubbish at the survival games. I like 'Wreckfest' i suppose it could be classed as violent but more destructive, good to get rid of anger and frustration!
    Yes i always try to see if Steam has a sale, i like the moddable games.
     I agree with you @66Mustang , about cartoon violence.
    oh great idea! id love a deeply involving parachute jumping sim , i know of one game that has parachuting but its not got a huge layout.have you heard of steep? if not , its a good but quite short lived winter bash if you can get the full pack with DLC cheap., everything from parachuting threw snowy mountains to sledging to parachute skiing across frozen lakes ,and flying with motorized wings, and base jumping etc.
    the only downside to steep was limited space so as soon as you get to the edge,the old magic invisible walls woud bounce you off them,but the graphics were incredibly realistic in the snow,and the same went for the atmospheric sounds,i found it more realistic than the showoffy snowboarding sim; shredders.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.