No lump sum back payment for LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No lump sum back payment for LCWRA?

Options
DAZZWER2000
DAZZWER2000 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hi all , I was awarded LCWRA on 23rd June.  I've asked via my journal (twice) to be sent my report , I've had no response for 2.5 weeks so decided to ring. I was told that someone would respond by july 31st .   I decided to ask about potential backpay and was told " if you are due any backpay , you will not get it as a lump sum , it will be added to your uc payments instead "    I've never heard this before on any forums , have you ??   

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,759 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Money owed is paid separately to your usually monthly money. However, in a previous thread you said you reported your fit note on 20th March (which was backdated to 11th Feb) see thread. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/707132#Comment_707132 
    They don't usually accept a backdated fit note and it usually goes from when you reported it. For this reason there may not be any LCWRA element owed. When it's paid from will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month. Based on the March date it will be either July or August for your first payment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.