Help with disability premiums — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with disability premiums

Options
rubyroo88
rubyroo88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi
I currently esa ( was contributions based and put in to the support group) I also have pip enhanced daily care and  mobility. Someone  said I should get disabilities  premiums but I can figure out what I should get. I can see on my housing  benefit  that there is an enhanced  disability  premium of about £19...should I be eligible for the others...I'm so confused by it. Any help would be much appreciated.  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Which ESA are you claiming? Is it New style ESA or the old contributions based? If you're not sure and your ESA started after Dec 2018 then it will be New style ESA and there's no disability premiums payable with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rubyroo88
    Options
    It's the old contribution  based esa and then I was put in the support group.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    1. When did you apply for ESA,
    2. Does anyone else live with you (and if so, do they claim Disability Benefits),
    3. Does anyone claim Carer's Allowance for looking after you?
  • rubyroo88
    Options
    October 2018
    Just myself and 4 children
    Had a carer  but they stopped caring 2 weeks ago 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There weren't many areas left that weren't UC by that time so there's a very high chance your ESA is New style. If it isn't then you'll be entitled to SDP and EDP. You'll need to ring ESA to ask them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.