Lcw — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcw

Options
Tashyt92
Tashyt92 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited July 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
my friend just got this letter, does that mean he will get the extra money. His first fit note was 23.2.23. He just got this letter today and his assessment period is 22nd to 23rd. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Comments

• Tashyt92
    edited July 2023
    Options
    [Removed by moderator - Personal details]
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 364 Pioneering
    Options
    No, if it's just LCW they won't get extra money
  • Tashyt92
    Options
    What does he do if he doesn't agree with there decision 
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 364 Pioneering
    Options
    I am not really an expert on this, I am sure someone more knowledgable will be along shortly but if he doesn't agree he can put in a mandatory reconsideration and then if that doesn't work go to a tribunal. 

But like I said someone who knows far more about it will give some more indepth advice
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    Tashyt92 said:
    my friend just got this letter, does that mean he will get the extra money. His first fit note was 23.2.23. He just got this letter today and his assessment period is 22nd to 23rd. Any help would be appreciated thank you
    If it’s LCW there isn’t any extra money , the extra money is only paid if you’re found to have LCWRA . They used to pay something extra for LCW but it stopped April 2017. You need to put in a MR. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can request the MR on thier journal. Before they do this they will need to make sure it's possible to be found to have this, not everyone will qualify. You can see the descriptors here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity
    If they think they qualify they will need to make sure they tell them which descriptor they think applies and their reasons why.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tashyt92
    Options
    How does he do that? Just leave a journal message stating why
  • Tashyt92
    Options
    He's homeless, suffers with bad depression and anxiety, forgets nearly every appointment that he has for anywhere so they sanction him, which then doesn't help his mental health. He's trying to get assessed for adha aswell. He's so fed up and can't understand why
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Tashyt92 said:
    How does he do that? Just leave a journal message stating why

See my comment here.
    They can request the MR on thier journal. Before they do this they will need to make sure it's possible to be found to have this, not everyone will qualify. You can see the descriptors here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity
    If they think they qualify they will need to make sure they tell them which descriptor they think applies and their reasons why.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 991 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Tashyt92

Welcome to the community! :) 

Just to let you know, I have removed the images of the letter as there was personal information at the top. You can block out the details and reupload them if you wish to. 
  • Tashyt92
    Options
    I personally think he's left out important factors when he had the assessment as his mind goes blank. He's left a journal to ask for an MR but nothing back yet. How does an MR work
  • Tashyt92
    edited July 2023
    Options
    He's so confused by this comment on his journal

[Removed by moderator - personal information]
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 991 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Tashyt92

Just to say I have removed the above image as it contained personal information, i.e names and locations.
  • Tashyt92
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Seems like the person that responded on the journal thinks they've been found to have LCWRA but this isn't correct the decision was LCW.

When they request the MR they need to specifically ask for this and then state their reasons why they think they should have been found to have LCWRA and which descriptor they think applies.
  • Tashyt92
    Options
    That's what he's trying to say on his journal and they said please see the letter so he said I have read the letter and they said they can't do a MR
  • Tashyt92
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can only tell you what it said in the letter you posted, which was removed because of personal information showing. 
    They've either got the decision wrong or the work coach responding on the journal thinks it's LCWRA when it isn't. I'm sorry but i have no idea.
  • Tashyt92
    Options
    The agent was wrong and she told him she got wrong for it off her supervisor for giving wrong information. A mandatory reconsideration was submitted with more information given as he did leave important details out in the phone assessment so now we wait

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.