Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
kay14
kay14 Community member Posts: 112 Connected
Hi I’ve had my assessment for lcwra 6 weeks ago could anyone tell me how much long I have to wait for a decision?? 😊

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,116 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can take anything up to 12 weeks once the assessment report is returned to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kay14
    Options
    😩 he told me 2-4 weeks on phone or well keep waiting lol that’s all I’ve done this year 😆
  • kay14
    Options
    Hi do you know if there is any kind of help while waiting for a decision I am really struggling with having no weekly income 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kay14

I am sorry yo hear you are struggling. Scope has an advice page on help with food and bills that I would encourage you to read. Is there anything more specific that you need support with that I could possibly help signpost you to :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kay14
    Options
    Thanks al look into it is there any kind of loans just to tide me over ?? X
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    You can ask for an advance on your Universal Credit. But I would reach out to Citizen's Advice and have a read of their advice page on it. Just so you have all the information :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • kay14
    Options
    Thanks I have asked universal credit but because it’s not a new claim they say no x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Aaah Ok. If you are looking for loans to support with equipment or home adaptations, you could also have a look at grants available on Turn2Us.  
    Hannah - She / Her

• Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 345 Pioneering
    Options
    What about a budgeting advance?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you’ve been claiming UC for at least 6 months then you can request a budgeting advance. See link https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/on-universal-credit/budgeting-advance/
    This does need to be repaid back and your future UC payments will be reduced. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kay14
    Options
    Hi they have just got back to me and put me in the lwc group can anyone tell me if I’m entitled to anything ? X
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the decision was Limited capability for work (LCW) then there's no extra money each month. If this is the decision and you think you should have been found to have LCWRA then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. Before doing this you should check to see if your qualify first. You can see the descriptors here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

You will only receive extra money if the decision was Limited Capability for Work Related Activity. (LCWRA)

• kay14
    Options
    Thanks I am awaiting a knee replacement I can only walk a few meters I told them this it’s like they don’t listen to a word you say 😩
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Are you aware that the mobilising descriptor isn't just about your ability to walk? They also look at your ability to use a self propel wheelchair.

For the MR you can request it on your journal. You should state which descriptor you think applies to you and your reasons why. You need to go into full details by giving a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.

For the mobilising descriptor you should also include reasons why you can't use a self propel wheelchair (assuming you can't)
  • kay14
    Options
    I have checked and from the information I put it does put me in the lwcra looks like a mandatory decision again just like pip am completely fed up now 
  • kay14
    Options
    I have this in my work commitments but it says i am in lwc don’t get it ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Very odd. It says it was updated today but did you actually have to agree to the commiments? Are you sure the decision was LCW? and not LCWRA?
  • kay14
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Yes I agreed I keep writing in journal but they don’t answer this is the letter 

[Removed by moderator - personal details]
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'd advise you to remove that letter that you posted because it's showing all your personal details. This is a public forum, which anyone can see. To protect yourself and others personal information isn't allowed to be posted.

That does say LCW.
  • kay14
    Options
    Ok sorry I will x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.