UC and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC and PIP

leeds Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Tell me I claim UC benefit but paid the lowest amount but I claim pip on the highest amount wen DWP website tells me automatically I should qualify for the highest rate UC amount but don’t? Any one know why .?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,618 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 15
    Are you talking about the LCWRA element? If so then only those of state pension age and above are automatically entitled to LCWRA, if they are receiving either Enhanced daily living PIP, high rate AA or high rate care DLA. 
    This doesn't apply to working age people. See link and scroll to G3030 

    Claimant disabled and over State Pension Credit age G3030
    G3030 A claimant is treated as having LCWRA where1 they
    1. have reached the qualifying age for SPC (see DMG Chapter 77) and
    2. are entitled to
    2.1 AA
    2.2 the highest rate care component of DLAor
    2.3 the enhanced rate daily living component of PIP.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.