Hi, my name is buffy1991!

buffy1991
buffy1991 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi I am new here. So I don't really know where to start. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,646 Online Community Programme Lead

Good morning @buffy1991 and a warm welcome to the community! We're glad to have you here. :) 

Starting out can feel a bit overwhelming, but don't worry, we're here to help.

If you'd like, you could take a moment to introduce yourself and share a little bit about your interests or what brought you to the community. 

The coffee lounge is a great place to start. We talk about lots of different topics and play word-based games. 

Do you have any plans for the week ahead? 

• petur64
    petur64 Community member Posts: 32 Contributor
    Hello @buffy1991and welcome!
  • buffy1991
    Thankyou. How does all this work @petur64
  • buffy1991
    @Adrian_Scope do I just introduce myself here or where do I do it. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Here's perfect @buffy1991 :)
  • buffy1991
    My name is Sarah-Jayne I am 32 years old. I have cerebral palsy. I am not diagnosed with anxiety from a gp but I do think I have anxiety. A while ago I have googled symptoms and they all point to depression but I can’t get out on my own to see a doctor. I suffer with low mood, feeling fed up, wanting to cry all the time. 
  • buffy1991
    @Adrian_Scope do I need to tag people  so they can see the post if you know what I mean
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @buffy1991, you don't need to tag people but it can help some people to know you've replied as they'll receive notifications, although some people do have their notifications turned off. That was a long way of saying that it's up to you whether you tag people or not!

I'm sorry you've been feeling so low lately. Do you have any idea when these feelings started? If you suspect you have anxiety, it's a really a good idea to speak to your GP about this. I know this might be challenging or something you'll worry about but they will be able to find some support for you. I'm not a doctor but speaking from my own experience, the sooner anxiety is tackled, the less of a foothold it is able to take. 

Do you have much of a support network around you and have you managed to talk to your friends or family about how you're feeling?

In the meantime, please know that you're not alone with this. Many of us have felt similar or have personal experience with anxiety and depression. Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings here. Sometimes, simply connecting with others who understand can provide a sense of comfort and support. :) 

Remember to be gentle with yourself, practice self-care, and reach out for help when needed. 

• buffy1991
    @Adrian_Scope thankyou. 
  • petur64
    @buffy1991 I tag people throughout my replies, that way i can answer specifically to points they raise,like @buffy1991 you can see the categories at the top, i think the coffee lounge mentioned by @Adrian_Scope is a place where you can talk about anything you like, they do games aswell, or just silly things like "what did you have for breakfast?"
    I have only found friendly and kind people on this community. I have had some very helpfull answers to questions, everyone tries to help eachother talking about their own experiences.
  • buffy1991
    @petur64 do you do that on here or do you do that in the coffee lounge. How long have you been a member. Could you maybe tell me why you are here. If you don’t mind. 
  • petur64
    If you look at the top you see 'categories' click there. Then you see all the different topics, there is also one with a Cerebral Palsy network.
    I came here at the beginning of the year. I had an accident at work, now nearly 2 years. I had to find my own way through the benefit system and the NHS. I have lower spine damage so my walking is impaired and im waiting for surgery. I now get about with a stick but when i go out i use a wheelchair. I have just had a full knee replacement which is difficult because i cant walk far with my back! I get to see spinal surgeon in september to hopefully plan my second operation. Ive never been at home this long but i spend time trying new things like my drawing and painting,playing computer games, reading. I still see myself as lucky, im getting treatment,many people have to wait even longer then me!
  • buffy1991
    @petur64 thankyou for telling me.  Sorry to hear all of that. Looks like you have been through a lot.
  • Adrian_Scope
    @buffy1991 I forgot to mention in my previous reply, but we're really fortunate to have @Richard_Scope on the community too, Richard is our Cerebral Palsy programme lead and could tell you a bit about the CP Network if that's of interest? 
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,660 Cerebral Palsy Network
    Hi @buffy1991 (Sarah-Jayne), great to meet you. I live with CP too. If there are any questions or something you would like support with, please message me or email me.
  • buffy1991
    @Richard_Scope thankyou. If you don’t mind could you tell me how cerebral palsy affects me. I live in Northern Ireland does that affect me being on here. 
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,660 Cerebral Palsy Network
    Hi @buffy1991
    Being from Northern Ireland won't affect your being in the community.

We have information pages about Cerebral Palsy, which might be a good place for you to start. Without knowing you in person it is difficult for me to tell you how your cerebral palsy affects you. Cerebral palsy is so broad and affects each person slightly differently.
  • buffy1991
    @Richard_Scope thankyou
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    If there's anything else we can do to help you @buffy1991 please do not hesitate to let us know. Otherwise, I am wishing you a warm welcome. Although it can be nerve-wracking at first, I am sure you will soon be a wizz at navigating the online community  :)