Why has DWP put a "special marker" on me that affects any benefit I claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why has DWP put a "special marker" on me that affects any benefit I claim?

Options
StillIRise
StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering

What does this mean?  Just told by the Centre for Health & Disability Assessments that there is a "special marker" on my file which means it doesn't matter if I return my UC50 on time or even if I return it at all.  I've been told this before over the years, including back when I was on ESA.

Basically my UC50 was sent to them a few days ago.  The deadline to receive it is in a few days and I called them to make sure they got it.  We used tracking and tracking shows it arrived at their "post handling" place last Friday. 

The person I spoke to looked up my details on her screen.  She then said that the form takes a couple of days to go from post handling to their medical team BUT she says “in your case it doesn’t matter.  There is no deadline.”

I repeatedly asked her what she meant and she insisted there is a special marker on my case saying that it doesn’t matter when or if I send back the form, they will still proceed. 

What does that mean?  I came across this in the past with my last PIP claim (actual claim not just a review) where I never even sent in any PIP form whatsoever or sent in any medical evidence at all but they still proceeded with my claim and I got a PIP Award.

I also notice they almost always do paper-based assessments on me. 

What is this special marker????

Tagged:

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,642 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's because they know you have long term health conditions that could make it unsafe or unsuitable for you to manage an assessment.  

It's not a bad thing as it means you don't have to worry about the deadlines like most claimants do.
  • StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    It's because they know you have long term health conditions that could make it unsafe or unsuitable for you to manage an assessment.  

It's not a bad thing as it means you don't have to worry about the deadlines like most claimants do.
    Thanks for clarifying.  It was so interesting how the woman kept saying "the deadline is not important for you."

Maybe that is also why they have a tendency to do my assessments paper-based.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.