How long would I need to wait for the District Nurse. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long would I need to wait for the District Nurse.

Options
sparklebright628
sparklebright628 Community member Posts: 60 Connected
Hi to all

Been to doctors this morning for a test and while I was their asked if I can change to having an indwelling catheter instead of single use ones make me sore
Just wondered how long it would take to be set up as going on holiday next Monday for a week.
And would have preferred to have it done before I go.

Sparklebright63

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sparklebright63. You have done so well to reach out to us. I am guessing this depends on waiting times within your local authority, I am afraid.

Do you feel able to reach out to your health professionals in your area and ask about their current waiting times? I feel they would be best placed to answer your question.

In the meantime, how are you feeling about everything more generally? Wishing you the best holiday. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    What District Nurse??
    I thought that they had died off years ago. There are none round here. I had to go daily to the Walk In centre in town every day for them to change a dressing I had following an op.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,378 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What District Nurse??
    I thought that they had died off years ago.
    Of course they haven't. They definitely still exist because i know someone that has visits from them regularly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They may have a different name. Ours are called community nurses :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sparklebright628
    sparklebright628 Community member Posts: 60 Connected
    Options
    Hi to all,

I recived a phone call from gp surgery saying that the request from thresa to have the above has been declined they obviously do not know my circumstances so I will be phoning them in the morning to let them know that I have completed an intake and output form along with urine retention and stress from self catheterization everyday so will see what outcome I get back.

Sparklebright63.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry it was declined, hope you get through and get it sorted. Please keep us updated :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.