Carers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


Golden12 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
I strongly disagree with the way carers are so under paid some of them have no choice to look after their loved ones, they get a £ 76.75 per week some work …. 24/7 when u employ a carer it’s £ 9 or £10 a hour. How is that worked out🤨 what are your thoughts on this 🤔 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,582 Disability Gamechanger
    I do agree. However if someone is claiming certain means tested benefits as well as carers allowance, it's just deducted in full. For this reason there wouldn't be any financial gain if they did increase the CA amount.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,833 Disability Gamechanger
    @Golden12 I agree. It can be a catch 22 situation for so many financially as getting care help can be expensive. 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.