Nintendo switch games — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nintendo switch games

Options
DayDreamBeliever
DayDreamBeliever Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
edited July 2023 in Coffee lounge
What are your favourites?

Any recommendations for me, I've just finished luigis haunted mansion 3 and loved it. Really enjoy the kirby games too and religiously played animal crossing but I'm enjoying more platformed games with an actual goal rather than cosy games right now. 
Pronouns: She/they 
Tagged:

Comments

• CATP
    CATP Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    i can really recomend spirit of the north. amazingly atmospheric game loosely based in iceland,you play as a wolf,some mild to moderate puzzle elements while you walk,hop and bark your way threw quite a sad storyline with multiple goals involved but its stunning.
    from what i remember,its in the nintendo e store,however you can stilll get the hard copy PAL version which does have a higher colectable value- ive got it on both steam and ive kept the switch game (sold most games apart from ones im atached to).

it depends on your opinion with the theme with this one,but ive played a hell of a lot of hours in it and its similarish to games like animal crossing,stardew valley,theme park etc-so addictive,some of my support staff are highly religus though and i didnt know how ofensive it can apear to someone when im playing it so i personly avoided playing it around them,anyway ill tell you the name before i forget- cult of the lamb.

i have it on steam but its on the switch as well (im nnot sure if theres a hard copy available to buy,there might be on the oficial merch site im not sure,i imported the official sound track on colourd vinyl off there you can get lots of bits from the game.) i can strongly recomend it, you are all animals in this game,but you play a lamb who has to start and run a cult. lots of things will become bariers and youll be made to do tough dicsions,youve got to build your space and reputation, feed your cult, get them to bed etc.

• DayDreamBeliever
    Options
    Ohhhh those sound interesting @catp I will check them out, thank you! 
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    I can't wait for the Super mario bros wonder game,  release date is October.

Can't go wrong with Pokémon games
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm still on the 3DS. I keep umming and aahing about getting a Switch. I don't get to play as much as I'd like, but the newer games are so enticing! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,145 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh my goodness the grandkids leave there switch at mine and I'm hooked on Mario carts I'm so glad they leave it behind
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Sandy_123 That last comment made me laugh!  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • DayDreamBeliever
    Options
    @life me and my husband are looking forward to it too. And I think the upcoming princess peach game looks good too.

@Hannah_Scope there are definitely some great games for the switch and I think if you enjoy the DS consoles you would enjoy the switch. So if you do eventually decide to get one I don't think you'd be disappointed!

@Sandy_123 yes, Mario kart is great, glad you're enjoying it 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @DayDreamBeliever I have everything from a Gameboy up :D It's on my list of treats I'd like. I have been a little distracted by the PS5 because of the new Hogwarts game, which I think is coming out on the switch soon? 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Sandy_123
    Options
    I am, its just annoying when your 1st nearly at the finish line when someone throws a red thing at you or that blue 1 hits you on the head lol. But it's fun throwing them lol
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 752 Pioneering
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    I am, its just annoying when your 1st nearly at the finish line when someone throws a red thing at you or that blue 1 hits you on the head lol. But it's fun throwing them lol
    I feel like that when we're doing 35 on a 60mph road stuck behind someone ... I have a weird fantasy in my head about shooting a red turtle shell.  I've stopped sharing that one with my wife, you can actually hear the eye roll  :)

I'd like to get back into gaming after 20 years away ... is the Switch any good ?  Compared to PS or XBox 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I've never been into xbox or ps I'm old nintendo gamer when bandicoot was popular and super Mario games. Found Mario carts on the wii back in the day loved it then too. So when the Nintendo switch arrived with the grandkids and discovered carts again , well, I'm in my element. I would buy 1 personally. Depends what your into
  • CATP
    CATP Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    Ohhhh those sound interesting @catp I will check them out, thank you! 

no problem @DayDreamBeliever :smile: 
    theres another one ive thought of that may posibly be of intrest,have you ever heard of Okami, an old playstation 2 game? they remastered it for both steam and the switch a while ago -called it okami HD,and sorry its another wolf based game but its very different.heavily japanese influenced,its a platformer with goals, creative bosses and storyline,it looks cel shaded (they did this as the playstation 2 discs coudnt hold the amount of space needed for a 3D version). it has beutiful atmospheric music. its worth a look. :D

@Hannah_Scope hi, have a look at getting a second hand switch lite at CEX,theyve come down a lot in price since that new fancypants switch came out.
    ive just looked at CEX and theyre selling unboxed switch lites for £145 i bought my niece a boxed nintendo switch lite from them a couple of years ago and a rare official animal crossing NH case for her and my sister said you coudnt tell the difference beween them and a first hand one.
    i buy all my PAL sega saturns now from CEX,as theyre all at the grand age they need new capacitors and the lithium batterys replacing-and CEX at least comes with a waranty.
    WelshBlue said:
    Sandy_123 said:
    I feel like that when we're doing 35 on a 60mph road stuck behind someone ... I have a weird fantasy in my head about shooting a red turtle shell.  I've stopped sharing that one with my wife, you can actually hear the eye roll  :)

I'd like to get back into gaming after 20 years away ... is the Switch any good ?  Compared to PS or XBox 
    have you thought about the steam deck or similar handheld gaming PCs ? theres a few out there with RYZEN procesors in them but theyre over a grand.
    this is the steam deck (ive got the 512GB version),it runs most of my games on high or medium settings- games like stray will run all on high but you got to watch it doesnt overheat (ive got probably over 100 though you onlu get 512GB of space so i cant install them all).its a linux based PC,as you can see here- the desktop:

the steam decks home screen where you can easily start your games:

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Ooo good tip @CATP I've just had a bigger CEX open in my city not long ago! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.