If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I missing out on the mobility side of pip?

Options
coldste
coldste Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So I claim the daily living side of PIP at the standard rate been claiming for a while, last assessed I think in 2020 or 2021 for autism. A  friend said to me oh you’ll be able to possibly get a discount on your road tax when you pass your driving test. So looking into it all and looking at my PIP it’s only the living part I get. 

Yet I don’t go anywhere on my own without me mum, this includes to places I know and don’t know. So should I be getting the mobility side of PIP as well since I can’t complete a journey unaided. Should I phone the DWP or should me and mum see an independent benefits advisor, I just feel like if I am entitled to anything I shouldn’t be missing out on after all non of us want to be classed as disabled, I just don’t like the idea of potentially having my PIP completely stopped while they reassess me and potentially lose the daily living part even though that isn’t changing. Any advice would be great 
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.