Pip lcwra and work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip lcwra and work

Options
Carlab82
Carlab82 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am currently receiving PIP and I also work. I have just had to reduce my hours to 19 from full time as I have now been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Can I claim LCWRA as well as pip and working 19 hours 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,236 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA isn’t a benefit on its own, it’s part of Universal Credit. Whether there’s any entitlement will totally depend on your circumstances. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you’re excluded from claiming. If you live with a partner you’ll need to claim as a couple. 

You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator
    If it shows some entertainment when you claim you will need to report your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days. You must continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made on your work capability assessment. Claiming PIP doesn’t automatically entitle you to LCWRA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Carlab82
    Options
    I already claim universal credit with my husband but I work 3 days a week so I’m getting confused with regards to the sick note because my doctor won’t give me one because I am working 3 days a week now not 5 as I physically can’t do it.  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Providing fit notes is part of the work capability assessment process. You can also ask the follow professionals for a fit note… nurse, occupational therapist, pharmacist or physiotherapist. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Carlab82
    Options
    Oh I see.would I have to produce these indefinitely or just until I find out if I’m awarded it or not.  I will speak to my doctors about it thank you for the help. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Until a decision is made on your work capability assessment. 
  • Carlab82
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.