PIP holiday call notify date?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP holiday call notify date??

Options
RollingRhino
RollingRhino Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited July 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, after seeing my consultants today we have confirmation I can travel next week I tried to call PIP today after 90 mins on hold they refused to take my dates as they start next week. They say I have to call them on day of departure but we leave early, they didn't seem to care? Last year I was able to let them know weeks in advance, this time they've said this about the day of departure. It's going to be hell sorting me for travel as it is but now I have to factor in some a call to DWP. Is this normal? we travel 29 inc travel days. Thank you very much.
Just a regular dad and husband, was active global travelling board level business executive, who had fought cancer, then suddenly struck down. Became severely incapacitated. Chronic pain, lack of muscular control, cramps, fasciculations, muscle wasting etc and so much more on this 14 months of abject misery so far.
Tagged:

Comments

• flour
    flour Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi @RollingRhino

I would write to PIP instead at the office on the last letter they sent you.

I would simply write the departure day and the return day on a letter with your details including NI no. on it. 

Seems bizarre but possibly far quicker and easier than trying to call them spending an hour and a half on hold and then not being helped.

You can send a letter Freepost to DWP PIP with proof of postage from the post office so it won't cost you anything.

Here is a list of DWP PIP Freepost addresses:

DWP Business Area

Freepost Name Address

PIP Bootle

Freepost DWP PIP 1

PIP Wales

Freepost DWP PIP 2

PIP Yorkshire

Freepost DWP PIP 3

PIP Bristol

Freepost DWP PIP 4

PIP Scotland

Freepost DWP PIP 5

PIP Motability

Freepost DWP PIP 6

PIP Exportability

Freepost DWP PIP 7

PIP Fraud

Freepost DWP PIP 8

PIP Reassessment

Freepost DWP PIP 9

PIP DS1500

Freepost DWP PIP 10

PIP DS1500 Fee form

Freepost DWP PIP 12

Available from rights net here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi3nefZnKCAAxVz_rsIHVfaAvMQFnoECCgQAQ&url=https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/?ACT=39&fid=11&aid=2061_X0awqm3ghGgGG9QE3du0&board_id=1&usg=AOvVaw3O6tACiBZtEi2Tr0sNrap5&opi=89978449
    Remember that people come on to this forum who may be in a vulnerable state and kindness goes a long way. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When claiming PIP you can go abroad for up to 13 weeks, you do not need to tell them you're going on holiday unless it's for longer than this period. Up to 26 weeks for medical treatment. https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/disability-benefits

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RollingRhino
    RollingRhino Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Thank you very much for your kind replies. As I have a PIP renewal/review still in with DWP, I would prefer that they know of my movements as it's also close to 28 days. It was more the need for day of departure as opposed to just giving dates ahead of time before s it was news to me to have to do this on day of departure. 
    Just a regular dad and husband, was active global travelling board level business executive, who had fought cancer, then suddenly struck down. Became severely incapacitated. Chronic pain, lack of muscular control, cramps, fasciculations, muscle wasting etc and so much more on this 14 months of abject misery so far.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I understand the review part. It's not 28 days when claiming PIP, it's 13 weeks. Other benefits such as Income Related ESA is 4 weeks, UC is 1 month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • flour
    flour Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you very much for your kind replies. As I have a PIP renewal/review still in with DWP, I would prefer that they know of my movements as it's also close to 28 days. It was more the need for day of departure as opposed to just giving dates ahead of time before s it was news to me to have to do this on day of departure. 
    I wouldn't worry about trying to call them on the same day you are going to an airport etc... that is unreasonable.

Instead, I would write to them to let them know - and you are very right to do this as if they try to contact you in the 4 weeks when your away or send you paper work you may not be available and they will have to wait until you come back.

I would say 'Dear DWP, Im aware you are doing my review, For your advice I am going to be abroad from XX/XX/XX to XX.XX.XX. This may affect staying in touch with me and I won't be home to receive your post. Thanks'

And that's all they need to know.

Enjoy your travels, hope it is somewhere nice.
    Remember that people come on to this forum who may be in a vulnerable state and kindness goes a long way. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.