LCWRA payment, sick note and work. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA payment, sick note and work.

Options
SpecialK84
SpecialK84 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Good morning, 

I hope everyone is having a good day so far.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the query please.

I have been signed off work since the 8th August 2022. I didn't update UC of this until the 23 January 2023, which is when I updated my health conditions and advised that I have had the conditions since the 8th August 2022.

However, I didn't submit my first fit note until the 21st February. The fit note that I submitted on the 21st February was from the 11th Feb - 16th Apr. UC said they couldn't refer me to WCA due to my work earnings. I was on half pay at this point at work.

My second fit note was from the 17th Apr - 19th June and my most recent fit note ends on the 31st July.

My assessment periods run from the 7th - 6th.

My question is when will I start to receive my payment for LCWRA, as I have been off work since the 08th August and have continuous fit notes. However, I never supplied UC with the fit notes before the one that started on the 11th February 2023.

Will my LCWRA payment date be different because I was receiving earnings from my employer until the 30th Apr, that was the date they last paid me as I was dismissed from my job due to capability. 

I was referred to WCA in the 10th May, not sure if that's relevant or not.

Apologies for the long post, I hope what I've written makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

K

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,131 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s unlikely they will start the waiting period from the start date on your fit note because usually they don’t accept a backdated fit note. When you report a health condition you are supposed to report a fit note within 7 days of that, if you don’t then it can affect when the extra money is paid from. 

If they go from the date you reported your fit note (21st Feb) then your waiting period will be March to June… LCWRA starts from assessment period 7th June to 6th July and first payment will be 13th July. This means up to now they owe you 1 months LCWRA element. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision on when to pay it from. 

If you didn’t previously have the work allowance then you will be entitled to that from the assessment period in which you reported your first fit note (7th Feb to 6th March) so you maybe entitled to some extra money for that. 

Any money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 

You need to check your next statement to see if the LCWRA element is included. 

What you should have done was report your health condition and send in fit notes in August 2022. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SpecialK84
    SpecialK84 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Poppy, I appreciate your response and knowledge. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,131 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.