Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Research Opportunity on PA support work and LGBTQ inclusivity.
PAID Research Opportunity on PA and support work.
What is this about?
A research project is looking for PAs to take part in interviews exploring the support role. We are looking for people to pass the word about this project on to PAs they might employ or know about to see whether they would be interested in sharing their thoughts.
You can find out more about the project here: https://supportingsexualitiesstudy.wordpress.com/participate-in-this-research/
What will happen?
We would like to ask PAs about how they see support work, and what makes good support. During the interviews, we will read some stories that we have created that explore different disabled young people's experiences of getting personal support.
These stories will look at the ways that a person’s gender or sexuality shapes whether they are able to get good personal support. We are particularly interested in themes of inclusivity for LGBTQ disabled people, and how PAs think they would provide inclusive support. Interviewees will then be asked to share their thoughts on these stories.
Interviewees will not be asked about their employer(s). Instead, we will use fictional vignettes inspired by the stories of young disabled adults we have talked with previously.
Will I be paid?
All participants will receive £30 for their participation. We will prioritize online interviews, but interviewees can choose to meet in person. If this is the case, participants will receive payment for expenses too.
How can I let you know someone wants to take part?
If someone wants to take part in this research, they can contact Ned at Northumbria University by the 31st of August.
· Email: [email protected]
· Whatsapp: 07838664356
Ethical approval was provided by the Social Care Research Ethics Committee of the Health Research Authority on the 6th May 2021
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 86 Games lounge
- 473 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 644 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 819 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 875 Chronic pain and pain management
- 177 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.