UC carers element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC carers element

Options
kane1994
kane1994 Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
Hi I am in receipt of Lcwra element my ex partner used to get the uc carers element now we've separated could my family member who also is on uc get the carers element to help me out? Would this affect her benefits in anyway with it being family etc

Regards 

Kane 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,116 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can providing they are not claiming the LCWRA element for their self. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kane1994
    Options
    Hi my family member will be doing it 35hrs a week does that mean she no longer has to job search. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They will not have any work commitments as a carer. 
    Can I just ask did your ex partner claim carers allowance as well? If they did and they haven’t reported the changes then it will prevent your family member claiming carers element. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kane1994
    Options
    We are now on single persons claims we are no longer together so what will be fine. My family members uc claim will remain the same apart from the carers element is that right? 
  • kane1994
    Options
    And they will also get full housing benefit through uc? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The carers element will increase their maximum UC entitlement by £185.86/month. As i advised, they can claim it providing they are not receiving the LCWRA element for theirself. Their rent known as housing element will continue as normal to be paid in with their UC.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.