Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Managed migration, self employed on pip and applying for lcwra

Julie63_ Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi all I'm very worried about making the move over, I've recieved my letter and have 3 Months to do it. I have been receiving disability element of working tax credit. I am unable to work many hours now as I have mental health issues as well as copd. I want to keep working a few ours as its dangerous for me to self isolate in doors. If I put that I work a few hours when I put in my claim, will it effect my descion for lcwra. Or am I better off doing voluntary work. Thanks in advance


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,031 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to make sure you claim UC by the date in the letter, if you don't your Tax credits will stop and you will lose any potential Transitional Protection (TP) you maybe entitled to when you claim UC. If there's any TP then do be aware that this does erode overtime so if other elements increase, or you become entitled to other elements then you may not be any better off.  Eventually the TP will erode completely.

    When you claim you will need to make sure you report your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. You need to continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made on your work capability assessment. People do work while claiming LCWRA without any problems but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming LCWRA then it could go against you.

    As you're self employed you will need to tell them when you claim. You will need to attend a gateway appointment with a work coach. You will be expected to report your earnings and expenses on the last day of each assessment period. If you don't do this then you won't receive your UC payment.

    You can ask for an advanced payment when you claim but do be aware that this needs to be repaid back and your future UC payments will be reduced.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julie63_
    Julie63_ Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you so much
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.