If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP reconsideration Mobility issue

Options
Enrico211
Enrico211 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi there, I kindly ask for help as friends and advisors can't find an answer to my issue regarding mandatory mobility reconsideration 🙂

I suffer from autism, high sensitivity,  ADHD, OCD, chronic fatigue 

PIP used to give me 12 points for mobility, cause for them I
"Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid"

But now they give me 11 points.

they gave me the 12 points in the past despite I said: 
I cant follow unfamiliar routes on my own, but I only  go to work on my own , as I was shown the route several times , tge bus stop was in front of my house, and worplace is just 5 mins away, by bus.

This time, as now I have chronic fatigue and cannot work anymore, I said:
I can't  plan journeys and follow familiar routes on my own.

it would be too dangerous as I would get lost easily due to my OCD. it happened many times and this causes me a lot of distress and anxiety.
To plan and follow a journey I always need a friend's help. Also to follow familiar and unfamiliar routes.
But
I can go to my friend's steve s house (i usually dont go out, I am at home all the time, but I would go only if there was an emergency), as it is just 5 minutes away and i was shown the route multiple times. 
doing so, I stop to rest, every 30 seconds, otherwise I may feel  distressed and collapse. 

The situation  now sounds similar or even worwe to before, but they gave me 1 point less, why do you think they did?

thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,158 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Where exactly did you score the points for, for mobility? there's no descriptor that scores 11 points.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Enrico211

Welcome to the community! :) I hope you are well today? 

I see Poppy has asked a question about points. I just wanted to comment and check if you have support around you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Enrico211
    Options
    Where exactly did you score the points for, for mobility? there's no descriptor that scores 11 points.
    Thank you, sorry I actually meant 10 🙂
  • Enrico211
    Options
    Hello @Enrico211

I see Poppy has asked a question about points. I just wanted to comment and check if you have support around you? 
    nobody helped me yet!
  • Tronster
    Tronster Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    I would imagine is because you've said you catch the bus and can go to your friend steves house, they would class as "familiar" route IMO.

the fact you wrote " but I only  go to work on my own , as I was shown the route several times , tge bus stop was in front of my house, and worplace is just 5 mins away, by bus."

this to me suggests you can read a map and then follow it alone once you know the route and therefore you don't qualify for an "familiar" route and just and "unfamiliar" route 

I would speak to a local advisor to see what they suggest
  • Enrico211
    Options
    ok but why did they give me 12 points? no maps, they showed me the route many times
  • Tronster
    Tronster Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    sounds like an error on their end, which could result in an overpayment if they find out it was indeed an error. but again you would need to speak with a local advisor to tell you exactly what's happened 

and you say no maps but they showed you the route, how did they do that exactly? cause gps on a phone is classed as a map. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Enrico211 said:
    Hello @Enrico211

nobody helped me yet!

You didn't answer my question so how can anyone advise you.

Where exactly did you score the points for, for mobility?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Enrico211
    Options
    planning n following a journey: got 12 points in the past, cause i was "unable to follow familiar routes without aid" and just 10 now.

i said i can move 200 m without wheelchair so 0 for that

• Enrico211
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Tronster said:
    sounds like an error on their end, which could result in an overpayment if they find out it was indeed an error. but again you would need to speak with a local advisor to tell you exactly what's happened 

and you say no maps but they showed you the route, how did they do that exactly? cause gps on a phone is classed as a map. 
    thank you, they showed the route by walking me .

advisors couldnt help me!

• poppy123456
    Options
    Enrico211 said:
    planning n following a journey: got 12 points in the past, cause i was "unable to follow familiar routes without aid" and just 10 now.

For following and planning a journey are you able to go out at all? Or is it the majority of the time you're unable to go out, even if it's with another person?

For the moving around part, if you're able to walk 200m regularly and reliably then yes it would be zero points.
  • Enrico211
    Options
    Enrico211 said:

For following and planning a journey are you able to go out at all? Or is it the majority of the time you're unable to go out, even if it's with another person?

For the moving around part, if you're able to walk 200m regularly and reliably then yes it would be zero points.
    thanks,

as explained in the first message i almost never go out but i do in case of emergencies go out on my own to my friend's who lives very close, as route was shown many times to me

if i go out its with anotherperson 99% of the times

Also I was wondering if i need to stop to rest after 100-150n
    m n lie down, it counts or not. if 200m means uninterripted

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.