If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwcra entitlement

Options
Ozzyuk69
Ozzyuk69 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi , I started giving sick notes from the 6th April 2023, I was assessed as having lwcra July 21st when should I be receiving the extra payment as there is nothing on my journal saying anything only that I don’t have to do any work related activities or seek work 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,114 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    First payment will be either August or September. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month. No LCWRA element is owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ozzyuk69
    Options
    Thank you when you say no element is owed does this mean as In back pay? 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Ozzyuk69 said:
    Thank you when you say no element is owed does this mean as In back pay? 

That's correct for the LCWRA. This is because it's not paid at all during the waiting period. Which is 3 full assessment periods. It then starts from the 4th month, with first payment at the end of that month.

If you or a partner (if you claim with one)  were receiving earnings since you reported your health condition and you didn't previously have the work allowance then they will owe you some money for this. If no earnings were received they won't owe you any money.

What date do you usually receive your money each month? You didn't answer that question.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ozzyuk69
    Options
    I get my payment tomorrow but it’s not in this months payment I finished work on ill health in March my first uc payment was in may thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's not showing in this months payment because you're not entitled to it this month because of the waiting period. 

If payment is on 9th of each month, this means your assessment periods are 3rd to 2nd of every month. You said you reported your first fit note 6th April. Did you report your health condition when you first claimed UC on 2nd April? 

If you did then your waiting period will be April to July.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 3rd July to 2nd August and first payment will be 9thAugust.

If you didn't report your health condition when you first claimed UC then your first payment will be 9th September. Regardless of which date you reported it, you're not owed any LCWRA element because it's not paid at all during the waiting period.
  • Ozzyuk69
    Options
    My first note was submitted on the 4th April 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That doesn't change the advice i gave here.

If payment is on 9th of each month, this means your assessment periods are 3rd to 2nd of every month. You said you reported your first fit note 6th April. Did you report your health condition when you first claimed UC on 2nd April? 

If you did then your waiting period will be April to July.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 3rd July to 2nd August and first payment will be 9thAugust.

If you didn't report your health condition when you first claimed UC then your first payment will be 9th September. Regardless of which date you reported it, you're not owed any LCWRA element because it's not paid at all during the waiting period.

• Ozzyuk69
    Options
    Many thanks for your advice much appreciated 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.