If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do you think is the best film of the year so far?

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
With the Barbie movie and Oppenheimer battling for the title for the must see movie this summer holiday, it made me wonder, what do you think is the best film of the year so far?

I haven't seen that many of this years releases, but I really liked A Man Called Otto.
Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,155 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't watched a 2023 film but some relatives watched "A Man Called Otto" and they said it was a really nice film.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    It's got Tom Hanks in it @66Mustang which means it gets watched in our house  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,155 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    One of my relatives was listening to a few different interviews with Tom Hanks. Apparently he is a really nice, decent person. Not some kind of pious individual who goes out of their way to visibly do good, but just a humble man who doesn't want to upset anyone.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    I've seen many nice articles about him. I think he has an amazing career catalogue which speaks volumes about his work ethic and how he must be on set and with other actors, staff...etc. 
    Hannah - She / Her

• CATP
    CATP Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    im going to use a wildcard as most people dont seem to have heard of this one-me included.i by chance came across it while on the amazon video TV app looking for a new electronic music related documentary to buy  (ive got a few like; what we started,this is ibiza and the art of the DJ).

have you heard of a DJ called paul oakenfold? as he got bigger, and started recording remixes for bands like U2,muse etc and created his own record label (perfecto records), hes qnow quieteninf things down when it comes to DJing.....im not a fan of paul oakenfold apart from during his nineties goa/psy trance era when he didnt have that atitude.

when i saw 'perfectoverse' apear on the amazon search,and bought the SD version, and wow ive watched it at least 7 times. its an hour and 15 minuts long roughly and its all involving mainly trippy progresive trance with beautiful,trippy CGI x reality, and the CGI is decent. i wish i hadnt been a tightwad and paid the extra couple of quid for the HD version as you can realy tell the difference between that and SD.

the only thing i didnt like is paul is always shown DJing high above all his fans looking down with everyone looking up which is exactly what people i know whove been to his sets say hes like.

• surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 440 Pioneering
    Options
    I went to see Barbie and I loved it. Also I went to see Elemental which was great too and Oppenheimer.
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 393 Pioneering
    Options
    I watch a lot of films but can’t say that I have seen any from this year as yet. However, my favourite films of last year so far, are:

Smile
    The silent wins

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,897 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think Mario even though I haven't watched Barbie I want to say that one 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @CATP I keep forgetting to look on Amazon Video. Sounds like it's a new favourite for you. I like when you get to see all the behind the scenes :) 

@surfygoose Really want to see Barbie! Hoping to see it next weekend.

@csno01 Smile is on my list to see still. Thinking to maybe save it for closer to Halloween? 

@durhamjaide2001 I saw many great reviews about the Mario movie online. Another to add to the list! 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Brian4425
    Brian4425 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi I think my favourite so far has to be 
    Avatar 2, I loved the CGI and the effects.
    Otto was an excellent film wich I found quite moving.
    I looked forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 but was a little dissatisfied it was just same old same old.
    I'd love to see Oppenheimer but I believe it's 3 hrs long, I couldn't sit for that long or concentrate for that matter.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Brian4425 I'm waiting for Oppenheimer to be on streaming as I am always the one who needs the bathroom!  :D 

I forgot Avatar 2 had come out, will have to add to the list! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.