Limited Capability for Work and Work - Related Activity — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Limited Capability for Work and Work - Related Activity

Doris123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone. Just joined this forum. I had my assessment and have received an attachment in my Universal Credit Journal saying that I am on Limited Capability for Work and Work-Related Activity, but I will continue to get same amount of Universal Credit unless my circumstances change. 
This makes no sense.  
Can anyone shed any light on this please? 



  • Doris123
    Doris123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually decision letters for the work capability assessment do not give any details of any extra payments.

    If you’re claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim then you won’t receive the extra money. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Doris123
    Doris123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thankyou Poppy. Can you believe it they sent me the wrong letter. Apparently I will be getting paid. 
    Thankyou once again for your response. 

  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    What a relief @Doris123. How are you feeling about everything at the moment?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.