Relay UK (Text Phone Service) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Relay UK (Text Phone Service)

Options
BIT2FAST4U
BIT2FAST4U Scope Member Posts: 21 Connected
edited September 2023 in Coffee lounge
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone here has had any experience of using this service for people with speech or hearing impairments? I have spent hours today trying to get this service to work. I have tried two different set ups with different apps, but when I try to start a call it just sounds like a fax machine for a while then hangs up the call. There are very few instructions so I am not sure how it is supposed to work. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,089 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @BIT2FAST4U, sorry no one has been able to share their experience so far. I haven't personally used the service but have seen similar complaints before. 
    Have you had any luck with it today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • BIT2FAST4U
    BIT2FAST4U Scope Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope, Thanks for your comments. No I have not tried again today. It is quite bad if it is not a reliable service because I have been told by a few large organisations to contact them via Relay UK as I have a speech impairment and can not phone them. I am also getting frustrated with company chat services that are unable to contact the department who can deal with my issue and give me a phone number to call. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is frustrating @BIT2FAST4U. I can really hear how you are wanting to be heard but the barriers you are facing in feeling heard  :( Please do let us know if there's anything we can do to help! 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,575 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hiya @BIT2FAST4U, I was just checking in to see how you've been getting on with this?  Have you managed to get the service to work for you yet? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.