If I avoid cheaters and players because they are not boyfriend material, what are your thoughts? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I avoid cheaters and players because they are not boyfriend material, what are your thoughts?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 385 Courageous
edited September 2023 in Dating, sex, and relationships
It was my experience with some good-looking guys who had previous relationships, but my relationship experience wasn't very positive. Some of them cheated on men and had a lot of drama with my friends. They did tempt the guy to cheat on me and they succeeded. I rejected their friendship requests and didn't get mad at them, but they got mad at me. Cheaters were rejected. Until I saw it on Facebook, I didn't realize he had multiple accounts and relationships until I met him through online dating. The texts stopped after we met, as he thought I was out of his league since he was older than me and did not get into a relationship with me. He did, however, get into a relationship with a woman I saw on Facebook and rejected. As for the other guy I met up with, he was unsuitable because he wanted something different for a relationship. He wanted a long-term relationship and a sexual relationship. He did send an ultimatum and we were already in a relationship. I decided to end things and he was uncomfortably with my mother about being on dates with me since for safety reasons. We're not compatible second men that i metup and that last message he sent to me and i blocked him. I met up with one man on Thursday 7 and is went great and did bring our mum to a date that I met through facebook dating and he did give me a gift of salted caramel chocolate Lindt. He was a bit late but was very short date because me and my mum had to drop off my younger sister to work. He did set up at next date in his town and is bowling. Two of the guys were not players but that i mention here first one was a players and two other guys were not players. If I avoid cheaters and players because they are not boyfriend material, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really difficult that you are still not having the best of luck with meeting people and dating people @Splatmate24 :( Your safety is absolutely paramount and should be the most important thing to someone wanting to meet you. Do you know when the next date is and how you are feeling about the second date with the guy? It is absolutely your decision if you want to avoid cheaters and players if you do not feel they are boyfriend material. What matters is that you follow what you want and need and trust your gut instinct as well as staying safe  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 385 Courageous
    Options
    @L_Volunteer the second date has be  canceled again and have got rejected for looking different things and he wasn't ready . is more annoyed that now i find another person. i can't seem to get attracted to men that i met in social clubs or events . some reason i can only get attracted to some men that i met off from online dating site/dating apps . still not having any good lucks just more bad luck that i don' want but still get . my mum said to go different type of person .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.