Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Universal Credit and LCWRA

Options
2»

Comments

• ebond1602
    ebond1602 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Thank you both.

I have managed to get through, and rebooked it.

I received a telephone call from someone called Craig advising me that he tried to call me three times this morning but couldn't get through. He managed to leave me a message this afternoon though. Surprise that.
  • AtlasShoulders
    AtlasShoulders Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    ebond1602 said:
    Thank you both.

I have managed to get through, and rebooked it.

I received a telephone call from someone called Craig advising me that he tried to call me three times this morning but couldn't get through. He managed to leave me a message this afternoon though. Surprise that.
    Hmm yes... very convenient that. But as long as you've managed to get it rebooked that's fine.
  • ebond1602
    Options
    Hello,

I hope you are all ok.

I have a query regarding LCWRA.

I was awarded the above on 27/10/2023, and have been advised by UC, that this will show in my December payment.

My query is, I submitted my fit note on 07/07/23 and ran through to 07/10/23. Another one was submitted 06/10/23 which runs till 06/01/24. My assessment period run 28/27th of each month, payment goes in on 6th of the month.

My question is am I due any back pay please? I know UC is paid in arrears.

Thank you in advance!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your waiting period is July/Aug, Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct.. LCWRA starts from 28th Oct to 27th Nov and first payment will be Decemeber. No LCWRA element is owed.

If either yourself or a partner that you maybe claiming with has received any earnings since your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you will be owed money from that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ebond1602
    Options
    Thank you Poppy.

Hoping you and your family are well.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. We are ok, thanks for asking. I hope you and your family are all well too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.