Pip telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone assessment

Options
Tina12
Tina12 Community member Posts: 171 Pioneering
Hi all, just wanted to ask a question as I have my pip telephone assessment this week I've never had a telephone assessment for is there any tips I could get please thank you.. and also how long does it normally take on the phone
Thankyou in advance 🙏😊

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,235 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can last anywhere from 20 to 120 minutes, sometimes longer. If you're using a mobile then make sure it's charged before the call. Have a drink ready next to you incase you need it. If you don't hear the question then ask them to repeat it. Try not to answer the questions with just a yes or no and try to give as much detail as possible.

You can have someone with you if you want to and you can put the phone onto loud speaker. Once the report is written and returned, a decision can take anything up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Darrenb24
    Darrenb24 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi Darren here, I had what I thought was a phone assessment last Tuesday but on Wednesday I received another appointment for a another phone assessment in two weeks? When I phoned and queried this I was told it was because they hadn’t gained enough information from the first phone call.Should I be worried or pleased they want more information?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Darrenb24 said:
    Hi Darren here, I had what I thought was a phone assessment last Tuesday but on Wednesday I received another appointment for a another phone assessment in two weeks? When I phoned and queried this I was told it was because they hadn’t gained enough information from the first phone call.Should I be worried or pleased they want more information?

Sometimes this happens, although it's frustrating. It doesn't really mean anything other than they need more information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Darrenb24
    Options
    Ok, Thank You!!
  • Tina12
    Options
    Ok thankyou @poppy123456 can't wait to get it over with.. will be charging my phone for sure and we'll probably leave it on charge as it's old and does cut out some times.. is it ok to tell the assessor that my phone might cut out well they ring me back if it does ? ..thanks in advance 🙏
  • Tina12
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @Darrenb24 I hope your next phone call is a quick one and it's all over for you then , how was the assessor for you and did they give you time to answer the questions if you don't mind me asking 🙏
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. Dd you mean to start a new thread or just comment on your other one here? https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/108961/pip-telephone-assessment#latest i'll flag this comment to a member of the scope team to ask them to merge both threads because it does get confusing with 2 threads on the same subject.

Yes, you can tell them about your phone. They will ring you back.

• Darrenb24
    Options
    The Assessor seemed ok, She appeared to be listening. But I can never seem to get across on the phone how I am really feeling. I actually prefer a face to face.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Darrenb24 said:
    The Assessor seemed ok, She appeared to be listening. But I can never seem to get across on the phone how I am really feeling. I actually prefer a face to face.

You can ask for a face to face assessment.
  • Tina12
    Options
    Dam it sorry @poppy123456 meant to carry on commenting lol typical me getting mixed up..thankyou for all your help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem, it's easliy done. You're welcome. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.