Hi could anyone help me with how the payments work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi could anyone help me with how the payments work

Jdi231 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited August 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my question about the payment for LCWRA, I read on the UC website that the standard payment for LCWRA is £390.06 a month, I'm currently just on the standard allowance of £292.11, Ive been told that I will start to get my new payment for LCWRA in September next month, but does that mean ill get both payments monthly or will I just be getting the LCWRA payment from now on?
Thank you.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,274 Disability Gamechanger
    You will receive both payments because LCWRA is part of UC and increases your maximum UC entitlement. LCWRA will be paid in with your usual monthly payment from September.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sean4w
    Sean4w Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    edited August 2023
    The 390 is a Top-up, it will be added to what you usually get for UC. So you will recieve £682.17 per month on the regular day you get UC.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.