Pip Extension — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Extension

mick1963
mick1963 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Received letter stating pip has been extended to August 2024 last month but today I received a text from independent  assessment service
to say they are managing my pip and will contact me for appointment for consultation 
Don't understand this as only just been extended 
Has this happened to anyone else 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,191 Disability Gamechanger
    The reason it’s been extended is because of the delays with review decisions. It doesn’t mean your review will postponed. This will continue as normal. Any new decision that’s eventually been made will overrule your current award. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,864 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, as reviews can happen at any time. Have you received a review form (an AR1 form), which would need to be returned?
  • mick1963
    Yes in 2021 been extended each year 
  • mick1963
    Sorry 2019 form was sent back 2yrs allowed 
     extended in 2021 and each year since 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,864 Disability Gamechanger
    But have you recently recieved an AR1 form?
  • mick1963
    Presume you mean review form 
    Was filled in December 22 
    Had telephone assessment at beginning of this month
    just sent of for report though assessor did say I had nothing to worry about with assessment  which did put my mind at rest 
    Person was really nice and patient she was mental health nurse 
    Did put in for mobility part in December 22 which wasn't applied for before 
    Will this be backdated to December 22 or not 
    Does anyone know if this happens on reviews 
    Was extended to 24 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    If you phoned PIP to report changes, this will be backdated. If it was a review form automatically sent out to you, the process of this is slightly different. Under normal circumstances reviews would not be backdated and any increase in award would take place from the date the decision was made, however, as there are long backlogs at present some Decision Makers are applying discretion and are allowing the backdate to the date the claimant received their review form. This may or may not happen to you so my best advice would be to keep a check on your bank account and await a decision letter that should follow after this or come on it's own with no back payment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.