Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


ally68 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I've been awarded lcwra on 10th August my first sick note went in on 17th March my assessment period is from 20th to 22nd my sick notes have been continuous how much backpay will I have and when

Also when will I receive my first payment of lcwra I get up on 28th of each month but my statement is available from 24th


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,593 Disability Gamechanger
    If you recieve your payment on 28th of every month then your assessment periods will be 22nd to 21st of every month, not 20th to 22nd.

    Your waiting period will be March/April, April/May, May/June.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 22nd June to 21st July and first payment will be 28th July. This means up to now they owe you 1 months LCWRA element.

    Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.

    You will need to check this months statement to see if the LCWRA element is included.

    The above advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.