Hi so I was awarded Lcrwa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi so I was awarded Lcrwa

Options
theosamuels
theosamuels Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I was awarded lcrwa on the 15th of June 2023, my relevancy period started from the 8th of June and will last 91 days.

I provided a sick note on the 3rd of April so that the assessment could be arranged, after speaking to the call centre staff I was told that I would need to do a MR which I went ahead and did I was also told to add a backdated sicknote from the end of march. 

After seeing other post I tlbelieve this means they owe me backdated pay, they seem to be dragging there feet though as I haven't heard anything for 49 days.

I was just wondering if there is anyway to speed up this process and if I am owed backdated pay? Thank you in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,116 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What's the reason for the MR request?

They don't usually accept a backdated fit note and it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. 

What's the reason you're asking for a backdated fit note to be accepted?

If they don't accept it what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • theosamuels
    Options
    So I asked if there would be any backdated pay to be told I would have to wait 91 days from the 8th of June, I rang up and asked for an explanation. So my caseworker rang and told me they were going from the day of my assessment which is the 8th, when I told them that the last sick note was handed in, in April (until the begining of march) and that was because that was the last sicknote they asked for and it was also the sicknote I added due to them asking for it to go ahead with the assessment. She then explained due to not adding a sick note again that they were going to go from the day of the assessment and that if I wanted to challenge it, to get a backdated sick note from the end of March to the assessment date and do a MR.

I get paid the first of each month.

Sorry for the long post, I'm a bit confused about the whole thing and dwp haven't really been a help at all.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you report a health condition, you have 7 days from that to provide a fit note. You're then supposed to continue to send fit notes without any gaps. Any gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from.

The waiting period applies to most people going through the work capability assessment for the first time. When found to have LCWRA it applies from the date you reported your health condition/provided fit note. However, there's then a full 3 month assessment period waiting time, then the extra money is paid from the 4th month after, with first payment being the end of that month.

What date exactly did you send your very first fit note?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • theosamuels
    Options
    Sorry for not replying I haven't been well, so haven't had the time to post. I started reporting my sick notes after lockdown, it took them until the end of last year to refer me for lcwra I had my assessment June after receiving the notification may that I was gonna have my assessment.

So it had been 8 weeks since I asked them to check if I had already done my revelancy period and it turns out it was rejected so they've had to ask them again, I've messaged to see if they know why it was rejected. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What date exactly did you start reporting your fit notes?

Were there any gaps at all in those fit notes? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.