Hi, my name is Bostankhan22! Advice my carer daughter applying for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Bostankhan22! Advice my carer daughter applying for PIP

Bostankhan22
Bostankhan22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just need abit of advice my daughter is a carer for me and is applying for pip for herself regarding her asthma, well the gp has wrote a support letter for her and it does state that my daughter at times needs help from her mum meaning me, so will that not affect anything because she's a carer for me yet I can help her too.

Please advise 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bostankhan22 - & welcome to the community. That won't be a problem. Your daughter's own anecdotal evidence as to the functional problems she has doing/attempting any of the applicable activities/descriptors is the most important, as her GP doesn't see her cook, dress, budget, etc., & PIP isn't about any diagnosis.
    She can see the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP here:  https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/personal-independence-payment-descriptors-and-scores-april-2023.pdf
    She should aim to give a couple of recent, detailed examples as to the difficulty she faces for each applicable descriptor, i.e. when did it happen, where, what happened, did anyone see this, & were there any consequences to attempting/doing an activity?
    She should say if she can't do each applicable activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat as often as one would reasonably expect, or if it takes her much longer than someone without a disability. See this mentioned at the end of the link above.
    You can always add extra pages at the end esuring she puts her name & National Insurance number on each page. She can also ring the PIP enquiry line on 0800 121 4433 to ask for extra time to complete the form, & will be given another 2 weeks without question. Keep a copy of everything 'just in case,' & get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office when sending the form off.
  • Bostankhan22
    Bostankhan22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi can anyone tell me when the new rolled out assessment for esa is coming out. I am in the esa support group for mental health and now worried they will try to get people like myself into work, I was diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder and nothing has changed how will this work for myself and people in my situation.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    It could be either 2025/26/27 or it may not happen at all. No one knows for sure yet. If it does happen then no one knows exactly what it will include. It's all speculation at the moment and nothing is set in stone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.