LCWRA assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA assessment

Lewi16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I filled in the application back in September 2021 and had my telephone interview in December 2021 and still to this day I am waiting for a decision, it has been referred to the case manager multi times by my work coach and nothing it getting done, I originally applied for my mental health and since then I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia so if i get denied I will have to go through the whole process again and its causing me great distress. Should I seek citizens advice as ive been waiting 2 years for a decision?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,129 Disability Gamechanger
    If i were you then i'd contact my local MP to ask them to help you. You will need to give them your full name and address and then tell them exactly what happened. They will contact UC on your behalf. That's far too long to be waiting for a decision after having the assessment.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    I would like to add a warm welcome @Lewi16. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.