LCWRA Disability New Applicant — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Disability New Applicant

Anonymous12324 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 26 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there! So may I ask guys please, I am 18 & have really bad social anxiety to the point I can't even go outside without my mother. I also have Autism, which contributes to my conditions. I currently claim PIP also (enhanced highest) , I have also put in a new claim for Universal Credit, I am currently waiting for a Fit Note from my Doctors about my disability Autism etc. 

But I have never reported I've had Social Anxiety to my GP/Doctors, could I still tell them if they could say I have Social Anxiety on my Fit Note? Because I dread going to the Doctors about my Anxiety..


Thank you guys so much!


  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 1,483 Scope online community team
    edited August 20
    Hi @Anonymous12324, I see you made a thread in the UC category as well, would you like to edit this one to a welcome post?

    Maybe tell us a bit about yourself :) My main past-time for instance is video gaming but I also enjoy a bit of amateur dialogue writing now and then!
    They/Them, however they are no wrong pronouns with me so whatever you feel most comfortable with
    Online Community Specialist

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us. 
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,869 Disability Gamechanger
  • emma2534578
    emma2534578 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Once you’ve made the universal account you’ll need a see a doctor or get a fit note for a few months before you work couch can refer you to have a health assessment (this assessment is to determine if you can work or not) if they decided you can’t work they’ll stop asking for fit notes and give you extra money to your entitlement a month to help you out. The group they’ll probably put you in if you’re mental health is very bad is LWCRA. This usually take a few months to sort it btw 

    Once the above thing sorted out I would highly recommend as you’re on PIP to have someone claim they take care of you on universal credit.

    here’s my example: I live with my partner so their already on my claim for universal credit and I get LWCRA from UC and PIP due to my health. My partner simple went on universal credit went to “change of circumstances” - “care for someone” - clicked care for me Emma. Then ticked that I got PIP and then ticked he cared for me for 35 hours a week and that’s it. They look into if you actually get PIP/DLA and that’s it. We’ve not been asked to provided any proof of the care for the 35 hours a week. It’s an extra £180 added to your entitlement so it’s worth looking into and very easy to apply if you have a family member, partner or friend willing to say they take care of you.

    however if they person not on your claim I think they need to makethey’re own account or something to do this? Not too sure as my partner was already on my universal credit account. 

    really wish they would add a automatically message to your journal saying if you’re claim for pip youcan claim carer element if someone you know takes care of you etc 

    Hole this helps a lot  


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.