As school approaches... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

As school approaches...

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
I'd love to know, who was your favourite teacher at school? 
Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,693 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Had a maths teacher who was really enthusiastic, he would make maths fun even for the kids who hated maths. However I was in top set for maths, actually the set above top set if there was such as thing, as we were doing A level maths as a GCSE option, so everyone in the class liked maths, and he was really good. He wouldn't let you just say you didn't understand, he would sit there for ages with you until you got it and would not be content until you understood something.

Also had various teachers who would support me as I had extra troubles like being bullied, they would let me in their classroom to cool off or escape, also as I was often misbehaving so they would try to take me away from the situations that would tempt me to misbehave.

Also had lots of teachers who were really enthusiastic about their subject, English teacher who was a bit mad but fun, scheme teachers who were very intelligent and a bit nerdy but again fun.

I had an awful time at school but not due to the teachers at all. :)
  • emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Mr campoliney was my french teacher totally nuts , used to play this weird video of learning French where the French people where always dressed in a frank Spencer hat, wore onions round there necks and wore white and blue striped jumpers, with a burping frog with french clothes on and holding a baget.he used to give us quizzes and say the answered in sayings and run around the classroom acting like a chicken when in the test the word said poulet and bark like a dog when the word chein came up. Crazy but a genius.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had the same form master at grammar school for 4 years, Jim Wilson really decent bloke.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Probably the history teacher.  They were quite young at the time and treated us more like equals than some of the other teachers.  Very passionate about the subject and seemed to know just how much could be covered in a lesson.  Not cramming in so much that people were getting lost, or going so slowly that people would get bored and start messing around.

They were also my head of year and tried to talk to me about external issues a few times but I wouldn't let them in.  I didn't have any additional support at school, but that is as much my fault as anyone else's.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Awww such lovely stories :)<3

I had many teachers who made an impact on me, being passionate about the subject or being there to talk to. But Mr Bull, who was my I.C.T Teacher became a mentor to me when I was in my GCSE years. They couldn't understand why with being in the top set, I failed all my mock exams. So they buddied me with Mr Bull and they were able to help and support me :) At the time, my Grandma was being diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I found it very difficult. I didn't want to be another problem for my family. Because of Mr Bull's support I got nothing lower than a C and I also developed a different way of looking at the situation with my Grandma. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Superbetty
    Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
    Options
    I am Polish, and I had amazing Polish teacher. He took us to the opera, he was very unique and intelligent person, his lessons were unforgettable. I love to read, I love opera, and I love to write, also thanks to him. He had amazing sense of humour, and was completely different to other teachers. Kind of person toy would put in a movie, or a book. I am sooo lucky to have him as a teacher. I have my memories forever.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.