LCWRA. Backdated twice. Can I go further? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. Backdated twice. Can I go further?

Options
Keith40
Keith40 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi there, after your help with previous discussions. All has gone in my favour. Also after been awarded LCWRA eventually and it been backdated to Oct 22. I was told I could of originally appealed the decision of the LCW award in Jan 22. But, as it was over 13 months was out of time. It turns out I appealed and the original decision in Jan of LCW was changed to LCWRA so I was backdated to then also. Prior to this, and the first time of me claiming benefits. The start was July 2020, and until the first assessment in Jan 22, I'd not had to attend the jobcentre, had no initial work related calls, nothing. But during this time I was in a suicidal state with self harming and had started recovery due to substance and alchahol abuse due to unfair dismissal regarding mental health issues and in a huge debt due to gambling. I've just been diagnosed with ADHD ontop of all of my other mental and physical conditions and was not aware I could of asked for the mandatory decision to go before Jan 22, but as this was my first health assessment when awarded LCW, which has now been amended and backdated....there is nothing in my journal as I was just hanging around for 18 months before anybody decided to assess me. Like I say everything is on my doctors record and obviously I had the adhd then also and was at the start of my recovery. I've been told I have to go through citizens advice for this as I'm up to date with all in my UC..surely if I've had all.of what I've mentioned backdated. Given the circumstances....those 18 months should be also. But who would award it and how would a decision be made if UC have said they've done all.they can now and to take it up with CA for the 18 months before the first assessment I had. 

Kind regards
Keith

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think you've been very fortunate that they've paid you from Jan 2022 when that was outside of the 13 months possible to do anything about it so they've used their own discretion and paid that money to you.

When you started claiming UC in July 2020 there were no commiments at all during that time because it was during Covid and everything was turned off.

What date exactly did you report your health condition for the first time? and what date exactly did you send your first ever fit note?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.